Aiwa = Total Junk

thewoahna
10+ year member

I bought an aiwa headunit, and it was fine until i hooked an amp up. My rear speakers now get crazy loud "alternator, or engine noise" when I drive. And to top that off, there is a very loud rumbling or "stirring" noise when I change tracks. I have tired many setups all with the some outcome, and i have 2 friends with 2 differant aiwa headunits, and they have the same symptoms i do. Aiwa cd players are junk, the only way i would recommend one is if you have no plans whatsoever to get an amp of any kind in the future. Just thought i'd tell you guys before you go out and make the same mistake i did.

Your judgement is way off.

The noise is more than likely a result of your amp's power wire in too close proximity to your RCA cable. I'd bet on that.

If that's the case, run your power wire down the left side and the RCA down the right side of your interior, then come back and tell me how correct i am.

peace

ok thenoise is not ur head unit....tat is either a bad ground...or rca to close to power..or a variety of other things..like cheap rcas etc....now once u fix all that... then..go get new headunit...aiwa has 1 year warrenty that u can go get a new one for free...that rumbling u hear is...ur head unit bc i had it too....ur engine noise is not ur head unit..tat is bad install

Aiwa hu's are junk. I had one with the same problems, I bought a pioneer head unit, installed it (with the same setup as my aiwa) and all my problems were no more. I know what I'm talking about, i have tried those things suggested above with no result. In my opinion, aiwa headunits are very weak:eek:

funny, i ahve had mine for over a year, had it installed properly, and have not experienced ANY of the problems of which you speak...

sounds like an install problem.....

I had it installed at best buy, at the time, i had no idea how to install a hu. I later hooked it up to an amp and subs, it worked fine for about a week, but i was listening to a song at high volume when the headunit shut down and when i turned it back on, these problems came to be. I dont know what the deal is, but i have a pioneer now, which looks better, sounds better, and havnt had it skip once.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.