Aimed up vs. Aimed back

Participant count
  • Participant list

pervertatoid
10+ year member

From what I've read and heard, it seems people tend to recommend facing subwoofers up in a hatchback-type vehicle, whereas in a regular car trunk, they recommend facing them toward the back.

What is the reasoning for this, and is it that much worse to have them facing up in a regular car trunk? I am thinking about building a box for four 10" subs, but the box won't fit in unless I face the subs upward...hence the questions.

Thanks in advance!

you can try it both ways, i have, and found that subs back in a trunk definately sounds better. and i have my trunk sound deadened pretty good and with subs up it still rattled bad.

Not every car is the same, and not everyone's tastes are the same. The best option for any install is try different positions and different locations to find what is best for you.

Not every car is the same, and not everyone's tastes are the same. The best option for any install is try different positions and different locations to find what is best for you.
Exactly. In my case, upfiring is horrible. I drive an integra hatch and I hate the sound of CRX style enclosures and firing the sub/port up. For me, there is a noticeable loss in output below 35hz and a noticeable gain around 40hz. It makes the sound pretty peaky and would seem loud if most of your music is centered around 40hz or so. I don't care for that and love my lower material so that style is not for me. It may be perfect for some people though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pervertatoid

10+ year member
pervertatoid
Colorado Springs, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from