after two months

someone knows their receivers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
im thinking of returning my a1 and finally stepping up to the a2 since i will be able to get audio through hdmi now and hopefully a less glitchy player lol

If I were you I wouldn't bother with the A2. I would go with the HD-XA1 or even the HD-XA2. The A2 doesn't have a built decoder. That means the only audio you can get is the existing surround formats like DD EX and DTS ES. If you get the XA1 or 2 you can use the analog outputs on the player to the analog mulitchannel inputs on your 2807 and be able to hear the NEW surround formats. Like DD Plus, DTS HD, Dolby True HD. Or even PCM (uncompressed) 5.1. But I think PCM 5.1 is only being embraced by BLU-RAY. But none the less, I would definitely get a player with the built in decoders.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with the A2. I would go with the HD-XA1 or even the HD-XA2. The A2 doesn't have a built decoder. That means the only audio you can get is the existing surround formats like DD EX and DTS ES. If you get the XA1 or 2 you can use the analog outputs on the player to the analog mulitchannel inputs on your 2807 and be able to hear the NEW surround formats. Like DD Plus, DTS HD, Dolby True HD. Or even PCM (uncompressed) 5.1. But I think PCM 5.1 is only being embraced by BLU-RAY. But none the less, I would definitely get a player with the built in decoders.
ummmm from what i know and read you can get truhd with the a2 it has built in decoders jesus i think all the toshiba hd-dvd players do lol well i dont know of any that dont lol

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=9375816&&

ummmm from what i know and read you can get truhd with the a2 it has built in decoders jesus i think all the toshiba hd-dvd players do lol well i dont know of any that dont lol

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nSxlcDdXYSm/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=279850&c=16&s=0&cc=01&pt2=0&compareitems=052HDA2&x=20&y=0&compareitems=052HDXA1&compareitems=052HDXA2

Either someone is telling you wrong or Crutchfield is full of ****.

Not to mention the XA1 is a better player and is the same price as the A2 at Crutchfield.

most likely a cruthcfield mistake

look here

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KyOTJQAfw0v/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=052HDA2&g=279850&s=0&cc=01

" » 5.1-channel Dolby TrueHD available via HDMI output only"

and the only way you can get truhd without a built in decoder is via hdmi 1.3 and the only hd-dvd player with hdmi 1.3 is the xa2

oh yah im not buying a new player ill be taking my a1 back to best buy and exchanging it for a new one lol i did it once before when it got stuck on welcome screen. its a devo item so you get a new one or equivalent when it breaks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

We have a similiar setup. I'm running a 1st gen sony Wega 60" on a Denon receiver. Running a Denon DVD player as well. Amps are all QSC amps. I've got a pic somewhere. Let me see if I can add it.

Forgot the important part..... He is right about the HDMI 1.3 thing....
Ok, so I'm trying to understand this. Are the HDMI inputs on his Denon receiver for audio as well as video?? This HDMI stuff really has me confused.

Thats why when I decide to upgrade to HI DEF video and audio I will make sure the player has analog 6 or 8 channel outputs.

Ok, so I'm trying to understand this. Are the HDMI inputs on his Denon receiver for audio as well as video?? This HDMI stuff really has me confused.

Thats why when I decide to upgrade to HI DEF video and audio I will make sure the player has analog 6 or 8 channel outputs.
no its not 1.3 i dont know of any receivers out right now that are 1.3

but with hd-dvd and blu ray players they decode it with exception of some blu ray players (the new lg comes to mind) and once decoded they sent it to the receiver. receiver just plays it fine well not mine i dont have it hooked up like that yet lol need to buy another hdmi cable but thats what i have read.

me i love how the mcintosh and rotel amps look and i bet they are some clean sounding amps to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.