Aeroports

Participant count
  • Participant list

beat-down69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am wanting to use two 8 inch aeroports for my box that i am building. How do i find out how long each needs to be for tuning. My box is going to be 7.78 cubic feet before displacement. Also how do i determine the displacement of the subs and ports.

man that is absolutly perfect. now what about displacement. also for spl what do yo think i should tune it to. I was thinking 45 to 50 but not for sure

Find subs displacement on the manufacturer's website. Do the port's outer measurements like you did the enclosure's inner measurements to get the displacement of the port, subtract it from your gross internal air space.

I can't really tell you what to build.. it's very dependent on all your variables. Resonant frequency, power, voltage, everything in your car..

i will take any help you are willing to give man. my subs are Re audio mx 12s and according to the website they are .19 cu ft displacement

Why are you aiming for SPL with MXs? Any real reason? Those are definitely musical woofers. I'd have them in a low tuned ported if I were you. Aim for 2-2.5 cubic feet net per woofer. Tuning is your preference. I don't know what type of music you're into.

Well i want to do spl comps but as far as getting big into it im not cause cant afford to travel that much. so mainly will be daily. So my plans were have 2 8 inch ports for spl and for my dailly just plug one off and according to that page you helped me with it says if i plug one off it will be tuned to 32

im not looking to hit some major dbs but hopefully do better then my first time. I had two alpine type r 15s in a prefab ported box with a hifoinics 1500d amp and hit a 142.8 and took first place.

Find subs displacement on the manufacturer's website. Do the port's outer measurements like you did the enclosure's inner measurements to get the displacement of the port, subtract it from your gross internal air space.
I can't really tell you what to build.. it's very dependent on all your variables. Resonant frequency, power, voltage, everything in your car..
You need to tune to the resonant frequency of the car for spl. Gotta do a little testing for that is all.
I swear no one actually reads anything but the OP anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

beat-down69

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
beat-down69
Buffalo, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date