Ace alternators?

vandiar2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Right now, I have a stock 90 amp alt. Cannot find out how many amps it puts out at idle. I have been looking around for an upgrade I would like to get a 200+amp alt but.. money is a factor here. I have scoped out two alternators so far that are within a reasonable price range. Ace alternators have a 150 amp alt that does 70 amps idle. Powermaster has a 140 amp alt that will fit, but I have no idea with it puts out at idle. This is an alternative to upgrading my front battery. Any suggestions? Would the upgrade even be worth it? Thanks!

Right now, I have a stock 90 amp alt. Cannot find out how many amps it puts out at idle. I have been looking around for an upgrade I would like to get a 200+amp alt but.. money is a factor here. I have scoped out two alternators so far that are within a reasonable price range. Ace alternators have a 150 amp alt that does 70 amps idle. Powermaster has a 140 amp alt that will fit, but I have no idea with it puts out at idle. This is an alternative to upgrading my front battery. Any suggestions? Would the upgrade even be worth it? Thanks!
ace one does not seem worth it you want a decent idle rating, most rewind the coil and increase top end and sacrifice bottom end amperage.

i would stick with MECHMAN ALTS

talk to mechman they have great idle outputs for good prices
Yeah they are charging 375 bucks for a 150 amp alt. That is a little steep IMO. I talked to another guy that can build me a 200 amp alt for 360 shipped. I really don't want to put THAT much money out on it. I am running 1500 rms and I don't plan to upgrade my system on this particular vehicle. Once I get a new car then probably so, but as it stands I am only pulling roughly 1500 rms and my lights are dimming. I figure with a little better alt (the alternative here is to buy something like a kinetik 1400 to put up front, I figure I could throw that 200 dollars used to buy that and instead buy a better alt) my voltage would stop dipping.

grab a big bat upfrtont and one in the back andd do the big 3 and run a ground and pos to the back in 1/0 and u should be good

whats the voltage droping to

grab a big bat upfrtont and one in the back andd do the big 3 and run a ground and pos to the back in 1/0 and u should be good
whats the voltage droping to
big 3 is done, 1/0 power and ground from front to back battery.. done. batcap 2000 in the back right near the amps. at full tilt, lowest I have seen so far is 11.8 volts.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389615

I would highly recommend adding the front battery over the HO alt. Chances are your current alt is making plenty of power for that system. You just need better battery power.

The other option I would recommend if you didn't want to do the battery is the MLA adapter module. Those are usually less than $200 IIRC.

I would highly recommend adding the front battery over the HO alt. Chances are your current alt is making plenty of power for that system. You just need better battery power.
The other option I would recommend if you didn't want to do the battery is the MLA adapter module. Those are usually less than $200 IIRC.
yeah I just didn't know what would be best in this situation. I mean I could get either the 140 amp powermaster alt, 150 amp ace alt... OR a kinetik 1400/1800 (whichever will fit) up front. so in this case you would spend the money on a battery before you would upgrade the alt?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.