Accurate?

Participant count
  • Participant list

av83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
This is in the free box plans. Just curious if the tuning frequency is correct.... Supposed to be 2.25 @ 32 hz

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/3862/225cubes32hz35sqin0zj.png' alt='225cubes32hz35sqin0zj.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

The displacement of the woofer will obviously change internal volume and tuning. Throw the dimensions into the torres box calculator and verify it.
Its just for a single 12 on 3-500 watts. I picked one a bit on the large side just for that reason

Its just for a single 12 on 3-500 watts. I picked one a bit on the large side just for that reason
It will still change. The Volume inside the box should correspond to the compliance of the woofer's suspension. Stiffer suspensions need larger enclosures and vice versa. Little tip from me to you. This is Jason Green isn't it?

It will still change. The Volume inside the box should correspond to the compliance of the woofer's suspension. Stiffer suspensions need larger enclosures and vice versa. Little tip from me to you. This is Jason Green isn't it?
I need a generic enclosure, since the kid will likely be trying out a few just for fun. And no, lol, not my name...but that explains why you called me Jason yesterday.

I need a generic enclosure, since the kid will likely be trying out a few just for fun. And no, lol, not my name...but that explains why you called me Jason yesterday.
ah ok I thought it was. His family owns a local stereo shop and while he was working there someone asked him about "4 ohm power wire" so he likes to joke about it. That's the explanation for the other half of what I said yesterday.

ah ok I thought it was. His family owns a local stereo shop and while he was working there someone asked him about "4 ohm power wire" so he likes to joke about it. That's the explanation for the other half of what I said yesterday.
Lol, gotcha. And i can't get my computer to download torres...

Bump. Anybody out there bored enough to plug these numbers in to a program and tell me of it's close? My crappy desktop won't let me download Torres...

I am getting 2.28 cubes net using .12 displ. for the sub and showing 31.17hz with 15.38 sq in of port per cube; 35 sq in of port area.
thank you sir! i appreciate it. now its time to find a better sub for him...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.