AC Real Time Analyzer SA-3052

nVRuckus
5,000+ posts

Banned
Miami
How does this meter stack up?

Audio Control Real Time Analyzer SA-3052

This is what is used by the local car shows. If it a good meter one or inaccurate? Im thinking about buying a TL and doing my own shows but I was curious why someone would buy this compared to the TL which is about half the price. Is it better?

wow this section is active isnt it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The 3052 is probbally one of the very best meters ever created. I own the cousti rta 33 and i would take a audio controll meter over it any day. How much $$$

46286.jpg

no idea how much money it was used @ a local show and Im wondering how to compares to a TL. I see it more expensive but also see alot of people talking **** about the AC

As far as comparing it with the TL. If it has been calibrated recently (probably hasn't) then there is roughly a 4 dB difference with the AC meter being the higher score. More than likely it has not seen a recalibration in years and is probably in the 8-10 dB range high over the TL.

The newer AC-190 with the sensor like the TermLab is a very comparable to the TL score but the older ones just aren't.

AC-190 would hook up to the 3052 wouldnt it? one is the analyzer the other is the sensor. I think he is using the 180 though by looks of the pics.

hey, i got a sa-3055 in white when i puchased my competition van and have been learning how to use it and figuring out all the features it has, I love it, I have metered friends cars for fun just to mess with it, I realize it meters alittle higher than a TL but for the most part it does the job quite well, Im not into SQ much but if I was into it I would check this meter out, it has some metering ability of SQ setups as well, and yes to anyone who may have something to say about it being old, I just sent it back to audiocontrol to have it inspected and serviced, it needed a new battery and I had the spl-180 mic recalibrated as it hadnt been used in years, so it is just as good as coming from the factory brand new, Ive never used a TL but have had a few of them meter my van and from what I can tell theyre quality pieces of equipment as well, without going through all the detailed specs my thought is either or theyre probably just about the same, but the AC does have an internal battery so it is a stand alone meter, no computer required which is nice, hope this helps in your decision, if ya have any questions feel free to send me a pm or reply on here----Dinty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nVRuckus

5,000+ posts
Banned
nVRuckus
Miami
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date