About to pick up some 4"x6" plates with splits any advise?

Participant count
  • Participant list

deez283
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 2001 Blazer and the dash has 4x6 plates with just a tweeter in them.

I'm looking to upgrade to some 4x6 plates with a 3"-4" mid and 1" tweeter

I found some POLK AUDIO DB461P and some Clarion SRC4694 which fit my budget ... Generally speakin out of the 2 which company makes a better sounding speaker? I'd like to find something clean and crisp that will get loud and not be harsh..

For the time being I'll be powering them with 50 watts rms per side off a oldschool coustic pro logic amp..

Also if anybody has any sugestions on a great sound 4x6 plate set up please share..

Thanks.

Your installing them in the dash ?
Yup.. dash has 4x6 cutouts and all 4 doors have 6 1/2" cutouts...

So far I have a set of oldschool kicker 6 1/2 components in the front doors and the rest of the speakers are stock..

I was thinking of putting some in my S10. I think the Infinity REF6432cfp 4x6" 2-Way Plate Speakers 4"x 6" would be a good choice because they are probably the best sounding out of the ones I found,theres not much to chose from....

Why replace the 4x6s? Trash them, there's no need for in dash speakers like that, a good set of amp'd comps are fine on their own. Disconnect the 4x6s and replace the rear door speakers with some inexpensive, efficient (BA S series work well) 6.5 coaxs off of HU power if you want rear fill.

Why replace the 4x6s? Trash them, there's no need for in dash speakers like that, a good set of amp'd comps are fine on their own. Disconnect the 4x6s and replace the rear door speakers with some inexpensive, efficient (BA S series work well) 6.5 coaxs off of HU power if you want rear fill.
listen to this man

Yeah I hear that alot on here but I'm one of those guys that like to run more than just a set of comps in the front doors...

when the PPI 365 comps were the forum boner I went with just a set of those amped with a older zapco amp and to be honest I wasn't really that impressed.. So I figured I'd go a different route..

Is having some plates in my dash with comps in the door gonna sound Bad? if you have a space to add them why not?

Yeah I hear that alot on here but I'm one of those guys that like to run more than just a set of comps in the front doors...
when the PPI 365 comps were the forum boner I went with just a set of those amped with a older zapco amp and to be honest I wasn't really that impressed.. So I figured I'd go a different route..

Is having some plates in my dash with comps in the door gonna sound Bad? if you have a space to add them why not?
They won't make it sound better if that's what you're asking. Properly deadened and sealed doors with 100-150RMS on good comps will sound better without the 4x6s. 4x6s in the dash are a cheap way for a factory to cram tweets in the car without taking the effort to put them on the pillars or sails.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.