About to give up...

Whats your guys opinion about buying from craigslist? I personally woudnt want to but some the prices are amazing lol
my 2 T1 12"s came off there and my memphis mcd1000 and mojo mc2000d as well, and all for prices that were just stupid low when I got done talking them down.

As many of you may know i have been trying to get my mids/highs to sound good and be as loud as my 2 12 inch AQ SDC's on 1000 rms. But i just cant do it... First i got some hifonics coaxials and a clarion xr2410 amp. All this was running off a LOC because my HU only had a sub RCA out. Sounded.. pretty bad tbh. Wasnt much louder than stock and sq was terrible. So i figured i needed a better HU with a front rear and sub RCA out. So i bought the JVC arsenal KD-AHD65. Sounded a bit better but not much. Also gave me a little alternator whine. So I sayed "ok i have a decent amp and a decent HU it must be my $40 hifonics coaxials."So i got the Precision Power A2.65c components. Installed and tuned them and IMO they sound worse than the Coaxails did. No matter how i change the HU/amp settings its like.. Almost all treble and not much mid range and sounds washed out and scratchy at higher volumes. So now i think im gona get a more powerful amp to drive them as i think its the crappy clarion amp thats doing it. Found an alpine mrp-f450 on craigslist for $100. Puts out 200 rms bridged. Would this sound better? I hear good stuff about the alpine amps... Honestly im not picky when it comes to sq but i know when speaker sound like ****. and as of now it sounds like ****. Would even go as far as saying stock sounded just as good. I just want to be able to hear the mids/highs over the bass (without turing the bass way down) and have decent SQ. If this doesnt work im giving up and selling all of it. Should i get this amp tho?
Also the clarion amp was installed by a car audio shop and i installed the speakers and HU.

Help is greatly appreciated im sure people are annoyed about all my posts about speakers,HU, and amps. =P
Why not look at pro audio mids and tweeters? I'm likely going with 4 x Crescendo PWX 6.5 mids and 2 x Crescendo ST1 super tweeters. Should get plenty loud to keep up, sound pretty good with some tuning, and comes in at 218.00 for all 6 drivers.

If you don't want to go pro audio, the DLS RM6.2 component set is loud and very good sounding... but not as loud as the pro audio stuff I mentioned... and a bit more expensive.

Well my Precision power A2.65c speakers along with my clarion xr 2410 are now on craigslist. Mabey i could get a refund from sonic for the speakers? Iv'e had them like 5 days. **** things sounded like Really loud laptop/phone speakers lol... Dont see how anyone could recomend/rate those 5 stars. Begining to think people who work for the companies login to sonic/crutchfield ect and rate these 5 stars and write a review lmao. The $40 hifonics zeus coaxials sound 100% better. (but still sound bad).

Well my Precision power A2.65c speakers along with my clarion xr 2410 are now on craigslist. Mabey i could get a refund from sonic for the speakers? Iv'e had them like 5 days. **** things sounded like Really loud laptop/phone speakers lol... Dont see how anyone could recomend/rate those 5 stars. Begining to think people who work for the companies login to sonic/crutchfield ect and rate these 5 stars and write a review lmao. The $40 hifonics zeus coaxials sound 100% better. (but still sound bad).
How did you have them installed? If all you did was slap em in and call it a day, then that would explain a lot. There is really no good reason for them to sound badly unless they were just thrown into the stock location without any preparation done. Even if you didn't use sound deadening, there needs to be sealing done...

How did you have them installed? If all you did was slap em in and call it a day, then that would explain a lot. There is really no good reason for them to sound badly unless they were just thrown into the stock location without any preparation done. Even if you didn't use sound deadening, there needs to be sealing done...
Well i bought these 6x8 to 6.5 adapter rings for the mids. Ending up not working out to well even after i modified them to fit ( the hole was too small). So they were not completely sealed to the door. There were gaps in between the top and bottom of the mid speaker. Tweeter was mounted in the a pillars. But even the tweeter sounded terrible imo not like it was just the mid.

I dropped like $800 on my last mid/high setup including 4 channel. It's worth it to save up the extra cash and be satisfied.

I pm'd you with a lil advice. but yes, having them in there not sealed up properly, will make them sound like garbage.

I pm'd you with a lil advice. but yes, having them in there not sealed up properly, will make them sound like garbage.
Ill agree as well.Those Hifonics sound pretty good for the money,as I have stated before, and a coworker still runs, and they sound very nice with that old school Alpine Duo-b 3525 2 ch amplifier.Seal your openings will make a huge difference, and making adjustments from the hu settings, and amp, and it should sound fine..that amp, as I stated earlier to you , isnt a real good quality made amplifier in my opinion.You can spend very little money on a good used old school amp,and get the results you are looking for without breaking your wallet, and get a well made quality amplifier.Alpine Old School High End 3541 Amplifier 105dBA S/N ! | eBay Id run this amp before Id buy any 100 watt amp on the market for over $100

First off seal and deaden doors. Then get a decent set of speakers.
True..run what you have, and is what id do, and save some funds for much better, but with the budget you had at that time,you did get pretty decent for your money.Id change that amp first of all/sell,and try a better made amp first.Those speakers do sound good for the money,not top notch $500 speakers as a lot of people have , but for $50 BNIB, they are pretty good for the price.Dont get discouraged,

OP, my advice would be to not buy anything right now. You don't have the knowledge right now to make something work without having to possibly spend more money than you should have to. I'm not dogging you, I don't think I know enough to pull off a SQ install either. Sit on what you have right now. Roll with that stuff, and read the **** out of this forum. There are a good number of SQ install logs, as well as some really good info in a bunch of threads if you dig around a little. Save some money for better equipment while you are doing that. You can test out what you are learning with your current, cheaper equipment. That way you don't ruin something more expensive, and you will actually notice when they start to sound good due to install.

The actual install will make or break the sound of your vehicle.

This is a load of crap I have heard expensive and cheap setups, components and coaxials etc. etc. and it's not just equipment based I know people who run cheap opti 6.5's that sound ******* paired with mid-end amplifiers. Must be your settings/ranges maybe try changing the direction of the speakers using pods. The FRP from Alpine is a GREAT amplifier for mids and highs I've heard one on some JL C2's and imo was the loudest cleanest setup I've heard that wasn't component or expensive as fawk.

Get the alpine get a couple pairs of JL Audio C2's and tweak the settings set filters/crossovers correctly. Don't forget if you're running to Coaxials to set your filters properly or you will lose ALL mid bass.

Bottom line unless you're a AudioPhile with SQ your current setup shouldbe more than adequate if it's not you need to spend lots more money and do lots more research.

i spent about 165 on my components and 200 on my amp because i got a SWEET deal, me and two friends spent about 5 hours installing them correctly and tuneing, sound dampening the doors, custom fitting the speakers so they were secure and tight, tuneing with a wide range of frequencies with my equalizer and honestly they sound amazing and 10x better then alot ive heard who spend 2x as much to have it professionally done, you can spend alot, get the best stuff out there but ultimately it also boils down to your care for installing it...

kinda relates to buying a $500 subwoofer and putting it ina cheap prefab box will only sound as good as the effort you put into it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stay_high

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
stay_high
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date