About to give up...

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
As many of you may know i have been trying to get my mids/highs to sound good and be as loud as my 2 12 inch AQ SDC's on 1000 rms. But i just cant do it... First i got some hifonics coaxials and a clarion xr2410 amp. All this was running off a LOC because my HU only had a sub RCA out. Sounded.. pretty bad tbh. Wasnt much louder than stock and sq was terrible. So i figured i needed a better HU with a front rear and sub RCA out. So i bought the JVC arsenal KD-AHD65. Sounded a bit better but not much. Also gave me a little alternator whine. So I sayed "ok i have a decent amp and a decent HU it must be my $40 hifonics coaxials."So i got the Precision Power A2.65c components. Installed and tuned them and IMO they sound worse than the Coaxails did. No matter how i change the HU/amp settings its like.. Almost all treble and not much mid range and sounds washed out and scratchy at higher volumes. So now i think im gona get a more powerful amp to drive them as i think its the crappy clarion amp thats doing it. Found an alpine mrp-f450 on craigslist for $100. Puts out 200 rms bridged. Would this sound better? I hear good stuff about the alpine amps... Honestly im not picky when it comes to sq but i know when speaker sound like ****. and as of now it sounds like ****. Would even go as far as saying stock sounded just as good. I just want to be able to hear the mids/highs over the bass (without turing the bass way down) and have decent SQ. If this doesnt work im giving up and selling all of it. Should i get this amp tho?

Also the clarion amp was installed by a car audio shop and i installed the speakers and HU.

Help is greatly appreciated im sure people are annoyed about all my posts about speakers,HU, and amps. =P

As many of you may know i have been trying to get my mids/highs to sound good and be as loud as my 2 12 inch AQ SDC's on 1000 rms. But i just cant do it... First i got some hifonics coaxials and a clarion xr2410 amp. All this was running off a LOC because my HU only had a sub RCA out. Sounded.. pretty bad tbh. Wasnt much louder than stock and sq was terrible. So i figured i needed a better HU with a front rear and sub RCA out. So i bought the JVC arsenal KD-AHD65. Sounded a bit better but not much. Also gave me a little alternator whine. So I sayed "ok i have a decent amp and a decent HU it must be my $40 hifonics coaxials."So i got the Precision Power A2.65c components. Installed and tuned them and IMO they sound worse than the Coaxails did. No matter how i change the HU/amp settings its like.. Almost all treble and not much mid range and sounds washed out and scratchy at higher volumes. So now i think im gona get a more powerful amp to drive them as i think its the crappy clarion amp thats doing it. Found an alpine mrp-f450 on craigslist for $100. Puts out 200 rms bridged. Would this sound better? I hear good stuff about the alpine amps... Honestly im not picky when it comes to sq but i know when speaker sound like ****. and as of now it sounds like ****. Would even go as far as saying stock sounded just as good. I just want to be able to hear the mids/highs over the bass (without turing the bass way down) and have decent SQ. If this doesnt work im giving up and selling all of it. Should i get this amp tho?
Also the clarion amp was installed by a car audio shop and i installed the speakers and HU.

Help is greatly appreciated im sure people are annoyed about all my posts about speakers,HU, and amps. =P
Maybe, less is more????

You buy the cheapest gear possible. Do some studying around and see what people are running. Check their signatures. Most people post what they are running.
There is WAY cheaper stuff i could have bought. Most of this stuff was recommended by users here. Like i said i know its not the best stuff but i know it should sound better than it is now... SQ is worse than stock. Also i do study and do research before i buy something. All this stuff had like 5 star reviews on every website i could find

these guys are right, your going to have to spend! I've done a ton of testing to get my mids and highs as loud or louder then my 2 12"s in the end I'm running mb quart Q series components up front only(125rms each)on a RF power 600.2 and set to deliver 225w to each channel and then a lot of tuning to get them to play cleanly with no distortion(cascading filters to attenuate just enough to not allow distortion)and also had to bypass the tweeter protection circuitry as it was seeing WAY to much power and shutting down almost instantly. Just get some good equipment that can take a good amount of power and then feed it all the clean power you can.

Alrite im rippin all this **** out tomoro and selling it. Guess im just gona go stock for awile and save and get nice stuff... **** it waste of time and money.

Yup....you really have to take peoples opinions here with a grain of salt......there is a lot of people who "think" they know about audio and how things work, but they are usually just guys with stock speakers and a bunch of subs and amps and all they know is boom boom boom....

Whats your guys opinion about buying from craigslist? I personally woudnt want to but some the prices are amazing lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stay_high

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
stay_high
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date