About to buy this, do I need anything else?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well I just bought it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Should be here in 2 days.

I need to pick up some rg6 though. Theres some extra rg59 around here I think, but Ive read rg6 is much better to use.

Look into some Times Microwave LMR-ULTRAFLEX 240 or 300. A local Two-Way shop should be able to get it for you. It's a little expensive but worth every penny!!!!

Two way shop?
How expensive is expensive?

And is it much different than cable I can get at radioshack?
Two-Way Radio, like a Kenwood or Motorola dealer.

I think that last time I looked LMR-300 (not ultra-flex) was about $1.90 or so a foot... But, it's been a while.

The differences is much much less loss and you keep a much more pure signal meaning that you TV will get a better signal. I've used this cable from VHF firetruck installs to Jumpers in UHF/800 LTR Trunking installs and have had up to 8 db increase in signal. Which means that the SIGNAD would go way up! Which is what you want!!! We used it on hard satilite installs too, and have had extremely good luck with it there too.... The only thing is you will have to finigal the "F" connector for it...

Got it in today.

But I cant get any hd channels at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I dont know what it is.

Okay well now I moved it onto a metal railing and Im getting the sole vhf channel in hd now.

I find it weird I get that and not any other uhf ones...

Its nbc. Im happy kind of because the office is nbc. And my name is earl.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

btnhfan

5,000+ posts
Hail to the King Baby!!!!
btnhfan
CT/ GA Tech, Atlanta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date