A whistle while I twirk?

Participant count
  • Participant list

99DX
10+ year member

Atlanta
I used a high dollar kit with super nice rca.s and I am still getting a whistle at low vol.

I think its only at low vol cause when i turn up the juice that signal is not amplified. SO what can I do to get rid of this sound cause I dont want to have to listen to my music full blast or at 70% all the time. I might get a ticket for cracking windows at walmart.....

What can I do.... What will it cost me.... How do I install it?

ps ran power and rca on seperate sides.

i dunno if you only have one amp, if you dont then try removing one by one to check if sound dissappears when a certain amp is not in....

Engine and whistling sounds mostly occur due to bad groundings or bad amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Check your car grounds (always a good thing) and if you cant find anything thats off and the above also didnt work then go get a caliber lt2 filter and place that on your rca, you'll loose no quality (or quantity) but you'll get rid of the noise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

anywayz, gl

if u tell what kind of car u have i would try to help u and where u have the amp screw up to i would like to know that . or clicj the homepapge thing , that is the one next to the profile and tell me what u think ok later

i have two amps a mtx 2 channel running the subs. and I have a us accoustics 4 by running the boston mids and highs

I mounted the amps to the back seat so that I could hide 90% of the wire.

disconnect the US Acc.. it will be gone

To solve, get the LT2 filter... I added US Accoustics to my blacklist for having components that burst (amp will keep functioning but will give grounding/isolation loop problems)

spend the 10 bucks for the filter !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.