a pair of SUNDOWN x10 or one x12??

Participant count
  • Participant list

activatedpillow

USA
i am new to car audio stuff, and i am planning on putting a system together soon, and i'm considering on two x10s or one x12....i feel like the two x10s would be a little overkill for me personally because i feel like it will be way too much bass lmao... I listen to mostly trance, house, some edm, some rap.. i've been told that 10s would be better for electronic music.. does any one have any experience with both? lol any input would be great thx... and ofc i plan to power the 10s with 3k amp, the 12 with 2k amp

i am new to car audio stuff, and i am planning on putting a system together soon, and i'm considering on two x10s or one x12....i feel like the two x10s would be a little overkill for me personally because i feel like it will be way too much bass lmao... I listen to mostly trance, house, some edm, some rap.. i've been told that 10s would be better for electronic music.. does any one have any experience with both? lol any input would be great thx... and ofc i plan to power the 10s with 3k amp, the 12 with 2k amp
Need a box? Lmk. Affordable. Pm me.

wrong subs for the wrong music. Size does not have anything to do with hitting good or not, the type of subs and subwoofer box does.

Box is everything When it comes to sounding good and getting loud. Almost every box you can buy pre-made online is basically worthless garbage.

hit up CSCstang man, With a proper box, you'll sound good with most genres. This is a box he did for two 8s on less than 200 watts of amp power per sub.

https://vid.me/DIQz

I'd recommend a soundqubed hdc 3 12, for your music tastes box tuned to 35hz on 2k. Should play every genre you listed fine. My music library consists of that along with super low hitting re-bassed songs and punchy metal songs, My HDC3 18s play all of them great.

What jeffdachef said but with the money you were going to spend on 2 x10's you could get a sound qubed hdc4 18. Size won't affect the punchiness of a sub or whatever you've heard... Bigger is usually better. Only downside is space. and if that's a concern, get 1 12. Or if space is of major concern, get 2 8's. I recommend sundown 12 zv3 on 3kw. You must get a box custom made, there is no way around it. The enclosure might as well be the most important part of your sub stage. I bought a box from CSCStang. Guy a few posts up. He'll take care of you, definitely hit him up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.