A good sub and amp combination

Participant count
  • Participant list

CrazeFuol
10+ year member

I am looking for a good sub and amp combination. I like quality nowadays, not just ridiculous boom. I want a 15" since it offers a lower frequency than 12". Amp can be mono or 2 channel, but I know prefer mono.

I prefer the 15" Fosgate HX2 for the sub(found very cheap online), but I was unsure on what amp would be the best for it.

I am not looking to spend over $500.00. I know the box and installation w/ a cap will be extra but $500 is my limit on the sub and amp. The sub will be close to $150 when shipped to my location, if I decide to get the 15" Fosgate.

If anyone had any ideas, that would be great.

You can get a great setup if you go with adire audio and MA audio! Go with a 15" Tempest....everyone here who has one or has listened to one loves them! For the amp go with an MA Audio 800 wat M1889i. You can find them for about $150 on ebay and the sub for about $125. If you can fit two 15"s, I would suggest going with 2 tempest and you will still be under your $500!

I have never run fosgate, talk to some other users about them. One person to talk to is OLD_SCHOOL, he runs tempest, also talk to Supa_C, he runs equipment from adire audio. Both of those users have vast knowledge of car audio so send them a PM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.