A few questions on the RE SE

Moe Lester
10+ year member

1/3 of TEAM PWNAGE
Houston, TX
Hey guys, i was thinkin about getting a new sub. Currently ive got a rockford HE2 400w RMS sub in a sealed box coupled up with a MTX Thunder 421D amp rated at 420 W RMS @ 2 ohms. If i were to get an RE SE 12" and put it in a properly built ported box, would it pound hard enough to feel in my chest and keep better quality than my current sub on the same amp? The rockford ive got now hits hard enough for me to feel, but id like a little more. Thanks.

Yes, it would definitely be a worthwhile upgrade. I'd say sell the sub and the amp...buy the sub and get a profile Clarus cl800 (make sure to get proper vc config on sub for that amp) and put it in about 2-3 cubes ported @30hz and you'll be amazed. peace

NG

How would it do with my current MTX 421D amp though, i couldnt shell out any more to buy a new one for a while. since the SE is dual 4, id wire it down to 2 ohms and it would get around ~420 watts

How would it do with my current MTX 421D amp though, i couldnt shell out any more to buy a new one for a while. since the SE is dual 4, id wire it down to 2 ohms and it would get around ~420 watts
It will still perform well. I would give it 3 cubes (after all displacement) proted @ 30hz...it would work well given ur amount of power and application. good luck, peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.