A/D/S 346cs 6.5" component set

Participant count
  • Participant list

skydeaner
10+ year member

suede humper
First of all I have to say that no component set is for everybody. Everyone has their own tastes and I respect that. But a $599 MSRP component set that can be picked up for $135 shipped there just aint no beatin that. These things sound absolutely amazing. I am feedin them around 125rms per channel, but I am going to be stepping that up next week.

Pros:

Very laid back components, never get harsh in the tweets and get very loud. Incredible midrange detail. Probably every bit as detailed as the MB Quart premiums I had before, but a lot warmer sounding. Tweets extend high enough without being harsh or over extending. Very nice midbass. The woofers don't extend too low, probably about 65hz is as low as you would want to cross them over. I have them crossed over at 80hz right now and the 125wrms that's going to each side gets them pretty loud, but they are screaming for more. The manufacturer's rated 150watts per side is probably a lowball from the sound of things. No large peaks at any frequency, no distortion of any kind, just lots and lots of beautiful sound. 0 -3 +3 settings for tweeter as well as phase control. Midrange countout so that you can set it for a demo board or for the car. 2 way tweeter protection from clipping and overpowering. Bi ampable or parallel. I think it has 18db crossover slope on the tweet and 12db on the woofer. All the tweeter mounts and speaker wire and foam gasketing and screws and speedclips that come with it just blew my mind. Tons of little things that you don't necessarily need or expect, but don't mind having.

Cons:

The terminals have cheap metal screw things in them. On the woofer itself I broke one of the metal pieces just trying to get it real tight. I was more careful from then on. For this level of component set I would like to see that fixed in the future. Only being able to use a relatively small flathead screwdriver on the crossover is kinda annoying. Crossovers are very large. Probably about 9-10" by 5-6".

Overall they are very robust warm and smooth. I absolutely love them. Where as the mb quart premiums I had before and the infinity kappa perfects and polk momo and diamond d6 components I was thinking about gettin instead of these sound a lot less lifelike and kinda shrill sounding compared to these beauties. I am totally satisfied with my purchase and have to recommend them to everyone.

PM me with questions... Good day to all.

ads.jpg

Got more power on these puppies. I have an mtx mxa6004 bridged running to each side. Supposed to be 300 watts rms to each side. It handles almost all of it without distorting. have to turn it down a bit. I would say about 200 watts rms a side for these is about right. I would say they are a little lacking inthe lower midbass range than other speakers I have heard. Crossed over at 70-80hz everything sounds beautiful though. They get very loud and keep up with my 3 10's just fine.

200 watts 100hz crossover or higher recommendation now. The left woofer blew on me and I don't really know why, I am going to keep the bass off of them now since they don't really handle it too well anyway. They do however get very very loud without bass on them. I am going to be running them along with a set of eu700's for my frontstage in this car fo eva. hehe. Very pleasing and easy to listen to with plenty of detail that never gets fatiguing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

skydeaner

10+ year member
suede humper
skydeaner
Champaign, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies