A cd player for my sis...

Brutus2600
10+ year member

Cleburne
My parents want to get a CD player for my sister's f-150 for christmas, but they only want to spend like $100. It'd only be powering stock speakers so it doesn't need to be super good. I was looking at the Pioneer DEH-1300 or 1400 off eBay, which are both around $100, but does anybody else have a good suggestion that would be $100 or less?

after 3 months? huh, either you got a bad one or I got a good one. Mine was installed in my car sometime between 1998 and 2001 (I didn't install it) but since I've owned the car (march of this year) I haven't had any problems with it at all.

I have the sony cdx 2290 I believe will check, 75 obo. the 1400 is a nice unit. just put one In my sisters car. nice lookin gfor a cheap unit

i think yours is good. my friend had the DEH-2300 and same thing happened. buttons stopped working after a while.i know a lot of people who had problems with their pioneers. anything below the DEH-4400 seems to have problems. anything higher is good. so i gave that headunit to my dad and now i use my alpine:p trouble-free so far

I bought my 1st blau from Best Buy a few years back. It spent 4 yrs in an '88 RX-7 which have rock solid suspension and it did fine. I expected it to skip quite a bit but it hardly ever did. It's in a box somewhere in my garage, still works.

Bought my 2nd one, a Boston (50x4, flip face, 4 pre-outs), for $140 about 2 years ago. It's done very well.

Put a 3rd one, a $100 cheap-o, in my sister's boat, and that one works fine too, rarely skips.

i got a used deh-1400 in my dads truck.. only prob i got with it is the buttons are rubed off from being a year old.. the deh-1400 cdplayer is for the beginers.. i like it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.