A biggest meanest amp you know is.....

The JBL/Crown is a beast and my bet is that it is some clean power coming out of that amp. There was a lot of research put into the making of it!!!

Yeah it is 6000 watts RMS when its bridged I have the Article in my CA&E mag. The one downside is the recomended price of $5000, It would be cheaper to go Harrison Labs and get 3 of the 4800 watt amps.

Mike

on a specialty peice like that? its freaken huge anyway noone would use it for street use...if they did i wouldnt want to be the one up keeping it..

from the looks of it its over 24" x 24"x6" high well over besides that it wont get mass produced and the amount of upgrades needed to your electric supply in your vehicle would be great....if this was not a "probblem" with large awesome amps US amps would be more popular and they are less expensive than the crown

eh like the other big amps with technology their main purpose is to make the new amps not yet made better and cheaper (to produce) for the masses(people like us)

the way the power supply switches to produce power, i read a little on it but my thinking class i is like class t which is a derivitive of class d =) kinda like a/b is now (not meaning a ,b or a/b are the same as class d just they call the combo of the 2 a/b and not somethin else like class v). hell elkhart is 60 minutes from me lol. but way i see it its a balanced current version of class d which would make it a lil more eff but also make it more accurate at all levels (like adding low tolerance components vs. high tolerance components in the same design of amp) i dont have any real lit on it other than the mag all amp topology books i have just cover a-d with a few others mixxed in...but again all the specs are just that our ears cant depict most of the numbers but they can tell the difference between a pioneer power booster eq vs. a zapco amp lol.

Yes, I've seen that amp and it's huge it looks like it'll be a killing. To me they are cheap amps that seem to put out good power so if you want raw power for your buck then JBL is the way to go:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.