99 GMC Yukon: parking lights won't turn off, killing my battery, please help...

45auto
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Earlier today, I got home, parked, turned my car off, took my keys out the ignition yet the beeping sound was present for some reason... my parking lights were on, my light switch was all the way off, and my dash is always lit now...

What happened to my truck, and how can I fix it? I think it might have something to do with the Viper 791xv I have installed with the car...

Please help me out here, my battery keeps dying on me, i had to disconnect my battery so i can start my car tomorrow...

If the Viper system's parking light relay is stuck on, pulling the vehicle's parking light fuse won't help. If you can find the Viper control module, there should be a white wire with a 10-amp fuse within a few inches of the module. Remove this fuse, and if the alarm system is keeping the lights on, they should shut off.

I pulled that fuse, no luck... After the 7 years I took trying to get under my steering column with both of my hands, I swear I was stuck down there, dying, I was upside down, getting dizzy, the floor heat is punching me right in the face, and I can't maneuver myself from down there... I had a bad experience being stuck down there before, trying to drill my own hole-in-the-wall for my power wire...

I'm guessing it may be something in the lights switch itself, how much would I be looking at to get that repaired?

So I had a simalar problem in my 2000 escalade. My light wouldn't flash with my alarm (Crime Stopper) I'm pretty sure the light switch is the same in the Yukon and Escalade. I took my light switch out and the wire from the alarm was melted at the switch. I replaced the wire and it's worked just fine for 2 months now. If the switch is bad you can probably get one on Ebay for a good price.

The parking lights are the low light beams in the front and back...

On my V, they're a dirty amber color...

trucksand1_crop.jpg

Parking lights = tail lights.

You don't want to get rid of them.

By the way, do you have a trailer hitch with wiring? Because that's the most likely cause of your problem, if it's not the alarm.

Yeah, my trailed hitch is just hanging back there like a sack or something... anything I can do with that to get it fixed???

I can straight cut that joint off if need be...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

45auto

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
45auto
Buffalo, N.Y.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date