99 Dodge Dakota

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blown VC

What's that smell?
Cen Cal
Hey all. First time posting to the forum but not new to the site or car audio. Just bought an old Dodge Dakota and wanted to see what I could piece together. The goal of this build was to not spend any money and only use what I currently have but I ran into the problem of not having enough mdf laying around for the enclosure. It will be two Stereo integrity 18s running off an Alpine MRX-M240. Im only going to power them at 600-1000W a piece. They'll be in 4 cubes each in a sealed enclosure. I've only ever done ported for my own builds so we will see how it goes.

We will see if I can get the pictures to work..

The truck

Emptied out

Got the radio ready to mount

Fixed up wiring

IMG_8184.jpg

Got it all cut

Waiting for last bit of wood glue to set.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Forgot to take pictures of carpeting process but its in

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

And there it is.

Subs with some daylight

Still need an amp rack but I'm going to wait to do that until Im ready to put in a 4 channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stock speakers were crap so I installed some Alpine Spr 60c's that I had laying around made a world of difference. There was no stock tweeter location so Im going to have to figure my own out.

Found this sign too. You know this is getting mounted on the box!

I like the sound of it all but I lack output that I am used to under 30hz. I am not sure what would be best to get me the output down that low without taking up more space. I was thinking either 2 ported 15's or just 1 ported 18 with more power. If anyone has suggestions for a future upgrade let me know!

Decided on a single 18 ported to about 23 hz in 6.5 cu ft. I attempted to paint my box for the first time as well as building a center console and Im pretty pleased with how it all turned out.

I didn't take many pics of the build process

Painting the Center console

Tweeter pods

Got the box in still need to clean up wiring and build an amp rack.

Center console in with Crescendo pwx 8's

Ill eventually get pictures up with more light on everything but thats it for now. I really like the sound of the Crescendo pwx 8's. Still need to get a serious amp on them but they sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.