9855 will not open to eject cd.....wtf!!

i know this has nothing to do with Alpine but my 7600MP ejects every disc a different length out..if that makes sense..
my 860 did that for a couple days(diff lengths) now it ejects them all about 1/8" and stops. i have to give the cd a little yank to finish the eject process.

My pioneer 8600 did the same thing.. and what I had to do.. and this worked awesome...

Was take out the deck... and give the top of it alil "Slap" and it would work for about a month... and do it again.....and so on

I just bought my 9855 and its doing the same dam thing. I noticed, if you tap the face after you hit the eject button, it usually pops open then. I love hitting my $400 head unit. Makes it seem worth the money.
make sure that the trim bezel is not upside down. usually that is the cause of the motorized faces not opening. if you have had it off or if you just installed it, i would definitly check that out.

I have the alpine 9853 and it is doing the same thing, its only a month old at most. I thought it to be odd for an alpine deck to mess up so quickly but hey you never know. Luckily i can take it back and get a new one installed for free. Good luck to the rest of you with the same problem.

make sure that the trim bezel is not upside down. usually that is the cause of the motorized faces not opening. if you have had it off or if you just installed it, i would definitly check that out.

I never took it off. I finally just returned it and got another 9855. This one is working flawlessly. Now if I can only figure out all the options.

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

I'm thinking of exchaning my deck for a different one before mine starts acting up. LOL.

I know there are people on other forums having the same problems with the newer Alpines... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

After thinking on this and since I'm only about 15 minutes away from Torrance, CA I went to Alpine's facility to see what was going on with my deck. They told me to check the way it was installed and to make sure it wasn't torqued too tight on some of the screws since it might throw something out of line. That and to try and reset the deck to see if helped any.

I'll try it this weekend but wanted to throw out what I found out to see if it helped others who bought this particular deck.

Other than that I really like this deck and the features that are on it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif Yank it, Yank it!

Anyway, yeah there have many multiple complaints on this issue from the CDA-9851, CDA-9553, to CDA-9855 decks. Perosonally, the issue, well no issue, has not happened with my CDA-9853. As of yet anyway.

I have been searching and most people tried resetting but that didn't do anything except give them the hassle of tweaking the EQ's and X-overs again.

Someone mentioned that he removed the faceplate and trim plate, and that there is another thin plastic piece that go around the unit itself and kinda locks in. Well, he mentioned that specific plastic piece is kinda tight and causes the faceplate not to move whent he eject button or tilt button is pressed.

He mentioned that he pulled on the bottom of that trim (at the bottom of the unit) and put the trim plate back on and the face plate and now his tilt and eject all works.

Something to try I guess.....

After thinking on this and since I'm only about 15 minutes away from Torrance, CA I went to Alpine's facility to see what was going on with my deck. They told me to check the way it was installed and to make sure it wasn't torqued too tight on some of the screws since it might throw something out of line. That and to try and reset the deck to see if helped any.
I'll try it this weekend but wanted to throw out what I found out to see if it helped others who bought this particular deck.

Other than that I really like this deck and the features that are on it.

lol....I use to stay in Torrance right across from the Del Lamo (sp) Mall in the mid 80's......

crossing my fingers that I don't have any problems with mine. I have had it since the day they were available and haven't had a problem yet. got the first one in the Nashville area. There are still stores waiting to get some. not sure why it is difficult to get this deck since it has been out a couple of months now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.