96 oldsmobile 98 i elite radio nstall

Participant count
  • Participant list

stef234237

I installed a new radio in my car I knew i would lose steering wheel controls for the radio. I also lost steering wheel controls for the heater . The clock on the instrument/ gage cluster now chimes and says date and time not available. is there a solution to this . Any and all help would be appreciated .

im looking at just using the old unit as the Data bus now any ideas ?

? thank s

Stephanie

well, you already know about the databuss issues.... how did you install it? direct with simple harness adapter? look into the door chime modules they sell for it. that may fix some of the databuss loss issues. of course, if the stock hu is nice enough, that is always an option. you can run a system off that no problem. if you decide to go that route, as i have with my 01 tahoe, you can use an aux input adapter. the problem is, that all these different modules can get spendy, just because they interact with the factory databuss system. for example, you can use your stock head unit, and control your iphone from the steering wheel. all it takes is a bit of research on which rout you want to go. door chime module can be the cheapest, and aux modules can range under 80, to over 250...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.