'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Participant count
  • Participant list

doodahjr

I've been trying to hack my oem radio and add an AUX input. I can't afford another radio, and those fm transmitters are awful!

The OEM radio is a single din am/fm head with an additional single din slot for a cd player. My two ideas are to either create a plug for the cd player input that my iPod would plug into or create a switch in the radio wiring to send signal from my iPod instead of the radio.

Are these ideas feasible, and would an electrical and audio system novice like me be able to do that?

I've also had tons of trouble finding the correct wiring diagrams for the radio, and my radio grounds to the physical, metal mount in the car, so I haven't been able to find which wires are for speakers or power or what.

Does anyone know of any places I could look?

Thanks,

Tyler

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.