$900 to spend what to get

dooski
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so the past couple of weeks i was thinking about getting a ms-8 to integrate my camaro with the amps i have, but then they released Double din adapters so I could put in a aftermarket Hu in.

But the thing is If i go the adapter route which is $400 i would also have to buy a Hu which I was thinking the pioneer 4300 and is $360ish but with that route i don't get TA and EQ options like the ms-8.

Now I was wondering If I just go with the ms-8 I get TA and the EQ settings but I don't no if the SQ will be as good as getting the pre outs of the Aftermarket deck.

Also I could fit a single din eclipse with Ta but single din's with this adapter look horrible so SD is out of the question.

So which route should i go ms-8 or Adapter+Aftermarket Hu.

If i had the cash i would get both lol

yea this **** has got me so frustrated lol, I think the imprint is like $300 or something like that but West suggested go with a cheaper SD and get adapter/ms-8 I might just have to go that route for now and upgrade my Hu later

Those expensive aftermarket adaptors dont typically look so great in the car, at least they dont in accords. What type of car do you have and what will it look like? That would be my first concern. If the look is good with the adapter then i would definetly do an aftermarket headunit over the ms8. Which functions do you need? Do you really need all the functions the ms8 has? If i was going to spend 900 on headunit/processing, I would do the p99rs for a single din. With a double din i would pick something simple an attractive and combine it with the minidsp

Those expensive aftermarket adaptors dont typically look so great in the car, at least they dont in accords. What type of car do you have and what will it look like? That would be my first concern. If the look is good with the adapter then i would definetly do an aftermarket headunit over the ms8. Which functions do you need? Do you really need all the functions the ms8 has? If i was going to spend 900 on headunit/processing, I would do the p99rs for a single din. With a double din i would pick something simple an attractive and combine it with the minidsp
thats the pic of the adapter

orig.jpg

this is the stock

randp_262.jpg

yea that looks much much better than stock. is this a custom adapter from a shop or something? you can get 2 2x4 mini dsps for 200$ and that would give you 4 way crossovers, ta, and probably the most extensive eq you can imagine. so that would leave you another 650-700 for the double din

You can bypass the entire wiring and wire it all up yourself,speaker wires amps stereo ect.Whos to say you need to use that adapter ect to put a different HU in.Think about it..Actually when putting amps ect and running wires ect, all that is really needed for the hu is power/aux illum/ground/remote, and maybe power antenna?Four, maybe 5 wires?Id bypass that wiring harness, and run new supply out of the fuse panel to an aftermarket hu,and pull that existing fuse for the existing, and save the $400 on an amp,or some nice components ect?This is my suggestion to you.Save your money on that overpriced harness and use your money elsewhere

You can bypass the entire wiring and wire it all up yourself,speaker wires amps stereo ect.Whos to say you need to use that adapter ect to put a different HU in.Think about it..Actually when putting amps ect and running wires ect, all that is really needed for the hu is power/aux illum/ground/remote, and maybe power antenna?Four, maybe 5 wires?Id bypass that wiring harness, and run new supply out of the fuse panel to an aftermarket hu,and pull that existing fuse for the existing, and save the $400 on an amp,or some nice components ect?This is my suggestion to you.Save your money on that overpriced harness and use your money elsewhere
Well the thing is the radio controls ALOT OnStar, Heat/AC controls, Car Alarm and Engine/Maintenance controls. So what that adapter does is relocates all the buttons/nobs and adds the Touch screen for the AC/heat controls.

Btw the car is a 2010 camaro.

Thanks for the replies so far, keep em coming. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yea that looks much much better than stock. is this a custom adapter from a shop or something? you can get 2 2x4 mini dsps for 200$ and that would give you 4 way crossovers, ta, and probably the most extensive eq you can imagine. so that would leave you another 650-700 for the double din
The adapter is made by scosche and the firmware is made by alpine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dooski

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
dooski
buffalo, ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date