88 s10 blazer. shifter on column l got loose ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
hi guys,

anybody ever had this problem ?

it does not sit in the park detents anymore, the shifer is very wobbly . still works but i have to push the shifter up to remove key.

is there a spring in there that hold pressure so it stays in the notch ?

That Blazer is mechanical shift so there is no actuator that stops the shifter from falling out of gear. It probably came out of adjustment where it meets the tranny. I'm not sure if that s10 has cables or rods that connect it to the tranny, but either way there will be a elbow with springs and such on the side of the transmission. You should be able to adjust it there. If not follow the rods/cables up and make sure all connections and clips are tight. It most likely is not a problem in the steering column. Although it is possible.

it not the rod going to trany.

and it never was sloppy .

yesterday when to put it in park and it would not stay. it flops around now. its inside the column for sure. just cant find a diagram good enough so i can see whats in there.

but it will shift to all gears just fine. but will not lock into the park posison and have to hold it up inorde to turn my key to off and pull it.

man this *****...............................

i think im going to pick and pull and get a hole column and replace it. then ill tear down mine and fix it. well at that point ill just rebuild it so its 100% .

i just cant have my truck down for more then a day, so it will be better doing this way.

junk yard whats $35 for one . so not bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

big scott

blazin low, and loud
big scott
edgewood, md
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from