ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
Rating - 100% 
28   0   0
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
For shits and giggle, what's the mounting depth on these?
I get about 4 3/8" from the under side of the mounting lip, thanks for asking.

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
Rating - 100% 
28   0   0
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
****. Too deep.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
My reaction exactly.
Yep, I can appreciate that. They're not exactly shallow. These would require a spacer at a minimum.

Begging to be part of a killer 8" 2way, though. Very wide bandwidth. In fact, the only reason I am offering them up at all is because I was able to grab a pair of MOTUS UH205PW1 drivers for home use (look those monsters up). There's a big price difference between the TB and the MOTUS but their respective performance compares very well. I would not hesitate to do a full-on custom install to make these work in a vehicle. The dual coils give you the option of FR response or Qts shaping as well. Lots of possibilities with these.

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
Rating - 100% 
28   0   0
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
All these bassheads and they buy cheap ****** mids that **** instead of these.
Thanks. Sometimes it's easy to feel that way but I get it, to each his own. I know a lot of these guys are running some pretty loud setups and need mids that they can thrash without worrying too much about them failing. Like the pair I sold you, those won't fail under most conditions. These are more for the SQ/SQL guy who wants low bass up front so the sub can seemingly disappear. Would make for a hell of large format two-way, the top end is really smooth and overall sensitivity is nice so low power is okay.

Papermaker85

Banned
Rating - 100% 
1   0   0
Dec 15, 2006
New orleans LA
Thanks. Sometimes it's easy to feel that way but I get it, to each his own. I know a lot of these guys are running some pretty loud setups and need mids that they can thrash without worrying too much about them failing. Like the pair I sold you, those won't fail under most conditions. These are more for the SQ/SQL guy who wants low bass up front so the sub can seemingly disappear. Would make for a hell of large format two-way, the top end is really smooth and overall sensitivity is nice so low power is okay.
I. Still have them. I'm keeping them for some towers..

They are legit *******.

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
Rating - 100% 
28   0   0
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
How do I still have these NEO 8's with underhung motors? Seriously good bass and midrange performance from these.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds