8" TB Underhung NEO Midbass D8

Participant count
  • Participants list

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

Tang Band prototypes (I think), I haven't been able to find these anywhere else. All if the info on the boxes and labels is hand written and the serials are low number, not a common thing with TB. There's a new version on Parts-Express with the big ceramic magnet but it's not quite the same. As far as I can tell they never released this version for production. They should have because these are awesome. Of course, if they would have, the price would have been astronomical simply because of the fuckery going on with cornering the market on neo.

Here is a link to the closest version but it also has the big ceramic magnet. --> W8-1722 - 8? Paper Woofer - TB SPEAKER CO., LTD.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

These are BNIB and perfect. Dual 8ohm so you can have your precious final 4ohm load, lol. Really clean sounding driver that would be great for a two-way if off-axis concerns were not an issue. Shorting rings, single spider, rubber surround and all that. Distortion is just not present until you lock up the suspension.

Price:

$250 shipped, CONUS.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

UPS

Item Pictures:

****. Too deep.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
My reaction exactly.
Yep, I can appreciate that. They're not exactly shallow. These would require a spacer at a minimum.

Begging to be part of a killer 8" 2way, though. Very wide bandwidth. In fact, the only reason I am offering them up at all is because I was able to grab a pair of MOTUS UH205PW1 drivers for home use (look those monsters up). There's a big price difference between the TB and the MOTUS but their respective performance compares very well. I would not hesitate to do a full-on custom install to make these work in a vehicle. The dual coils give you the option of FR response or Qts shaping as well. Lots of possibilities with these.

All these bassheads and they buy cheap ****** mids that **** instead of these.
Thanks. Sometimes it's easy to feel that way but I get it, to each his own. I know a lot of these guys are running some pretty loud setups and need mids that they can thrash without worrying too much about them failing. Like the pair I sold you, those won't fail under most conditions. These are more for the SQ/SQL guy who wants low bass up front so the sub can seemingly disappear. Would make for a hell of large format two-way, the top end is really smooth and overall sensitivity is nice so low power is okay.

Thanks. Sometimes it's easy to feel that way but I get it, to each his own. I know a lot of these guys are running some pretty loud setups and need mids that they can thrash without worrying too much about them failing. Like the pair I sold you, those won't fail under most conditions. These are more for the SQ/SQL guy who wants low bass up front so the sub can seemingly disappear. Would make for a hell of large format two-way, the top end is really smooth and overall sensitivity is nice so low power is okay.
I. Still have them. I'm keeping them for some towers..

They are legit *******.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.