7894 won't eject cd...

Participant count
  • Participant list

MoparMan
10+ year member

Well the other day my 7894 which has worked flawlessly over the last 10 months or so since I bought it decided not to eject the cd I had in it. I pushed the eject button and the face layed down and it pushed the cd out about 1/4" so I pushed the cd back in then it wouldn't eject it at all. It wouldn't even recocnize that their was a cd in it.

I stopped by the dealer yesterday and they are sending it in to get fixed under warranty. I've had it for less than a year so it should be covered. Now I'm w/o any music for 7-10 days so I'm gonna try to find another Chrysler unit we've got laying around to put in temporarily since I put the original h/u from my car into my pickup.

My alpine did that once and i almost **** my pants. I hit the reset button after it going crazy on me and its been fine ever since.

Mine wouldnt eject, the face would fold down and stay folded down. I couldnt use any face buttons but the remote worked.

Dangit, I forgot about the reset button... that could've saved me the hassle having to reinstalling it and all..oh well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

The reset button could of saved you the hassle more than you can imagine. now youll be without music for a month...lol

Same thing happend to me. All I did was try and insert another cd while the other cd was still stuck. After I pushed the second cd in a little it read the first cd and I was able to eject it.

Well I stopped by the stereo shop tonight and it was done(returned back from service)!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

I asked him if it was just a matter of resetting it and he said no so I'm glad it wasn't something simple so sending it in for warranty repair was worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.