7.5 cubes for btl 18?

on1wheel01
10+ year member

Bang A Lang
Well I'm about to build a box for a 02 Tahoe gettign a 18" d2 loaded fi btl triple 1" slug motor. Thinking 44"w 15" h 33" d. 10" wide port 7.5 cubes tuned to 31, may change it up to get 30 hz for da loz. But is 7.5 a little high for it?

Or just figured this one up 48" w 33d 16h 11" wide port l2 of 20" 6.8 cubes tuned to 30 hz 23 " of port per cube(thats not to high is it dont wanna get port noise badly). Maybe that would be better.

Thoughts

with sub disp an port disp you are looking at about 9.4 after disp an 10 before lol. so you was wayyy off with 7.5

i used the .18 disp of the fi btl an your dimensions for the first box an port would tune it to 31hz. i hope you havn't built that box thinkin one thing when iits another. good luck with what ya come out with man.

thought that .18 was kinda small for an 18 lol it was for a 12 lol .26 is for 18 an that would put your tuning down to 31hz but the net airspace is still 9.some change

with sub disp an port disp you are looking at about 9.4 after disp an 10 before lol. so you was wayyy off with 7.5i used the .18 disp of the fi btl an your dimensions for the first box an port would tune it to 31hz. i hope you havn't built that box thinkin one thing when iits another. good luck with what ya come out with man.
how in the world u get that, im thinkin ur math is off

how in the world u get that, im thinkin ur math is off
Yes, his math is off a bit. It comes out to around 10 cubes before port and sub displacement, which would make it to probably around 7.5-8 cubes (I would have to draw it up) And 7.5 would be great for it man, I build an enclosure for one last week and it slammed... Is this a daily? if so, i would decrease the port area just a bit.

Yes, his math is off a bit. It comes out to around 10 cubes before port and sub displacement, which would make it to probably around 7.5-8 cubes (I would have to draw it up) And 7.5 would be great for it man, I build an enclosure for one last week and it slammed... Is this a daily? if so, i would decrease the port area just a bit.
Yea it's for daily i was thinking of going with this one '

Ok after some thought I may go with this 46"w 15"h 33"d, 11" wide port l2 port wall of 14" 6.4 cubes tuned to 31.5 hz, with 23" of port per cube.

Finished box., huge port go big or go home. It's good for that wow factor when he shows it off.

87e6bf9d.jpg

4fc7cc45.jpg

**** that's a big port...

I am running mine in 7.25^3 net at 34hz with 3-6" aeros... best of 150.2 @ 35hz on 3600~ watts (had to stay under 4Kw for that class) clamped 51XX during qualifying and I didn't have time to tweak it too much so...

Lol yea go big or go home style. I figured it would be good that big. So he could show his buddys and what not, good for that wow factor. Hopefully it's nice n loud/low.

Oh I see. Yea dude I just yesterday put some screws on the bottom right side of the box to fix a rattling issue and I covered the small gaps in the edges where air was escaping. Omfg it sounds so much better the sound quality and tightness of the bass is much better and im feeling more air come out of the port. Im gonna miss it but i'll be happy to have my back seats back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.