6" Precision Port vs Slot port ( single 15")

alxmlr789
10+ year member

6>5
FL
I just had a box built for a single 15"

It will be for a Q.

The cutout is for a 6" precision port, and it will be tuned to 32~33.

My question is, will a single round 6" port port be enough? or will i need more.

Some tell me it needs alot more, maybe two ports, and others tell me it should be loud, and sound excellent.

The port for a 32hz tuning needs to be around 15" or so. And two of them nees to be around 32 inches. lol. So i dont think a dual port box would work.

Let me know what you guys think?

My main goal is to have ZERO port noise.

My main goal is to have ZERO port noise.
If a slot port is done correctly then you shouldn't have this problem, however a 6" aero port would ensure that your main goal is achieved. My vote is for the 6" aeroport, but then again I'm a little biased since I use them on my box.

go with a slot port, aero ports are notorious for port noise. When i did a modeling with one 6" port you will still get a slight turbelance. Go with a slot or 2 4"

go with a slot port, aero ports are notorious for port noise. When i did a modeling with one 6" port you will still get a slight turbelance. Go with a slot or 2 4"
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Will a single 6" port be enough port area for a 15" subwoofer, my question has still yet to be answered.. lol

Will a single 6" port be enough port area for a 15" subwoofer, my question has still yet to be answered.. lol
You can probably get away with it because I've seen many do 2 4" internally (and 2 4's is nearly equivalent to 1 6). However, I've always done 3 4" on my boxes and they're loud.

No, a single 6"= roughly 18 sq in and two 4"s= roughly 24 sq in.
A 6" aero = about 27". I believe a single larger port is more desirable than several small ones also. I've used two 4" aeros on a 15 before with no noise so I think the one 6" is fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.