6.8uf 35v or 6.8uf 100v

Participant count
  • Participant list
connecting to my tweeters. p26t by jbl i had 4.7uf 35v but made them half as loud just to quite. the crossover they came with is way to big for me to run its just a 6.8uf 100v in a huge box so when i went to radioshack there was a 6.8uf35v and 100v and didnt know which to get and what the higher voltage ment.

The higher the voltage rating the more power it can handle 100v should be good for 150w 35v only about 45-50w

Also the uf rating combine with the ohm load is what determines the x-over frequency that's why the 4.7 sounded different

If your tweets are 4ohm the 6.8 would cross at 6k and the 4.7 at 8.4k if the tweet is 8 ohm they cross at half that so 3k and 4.2k

tweeter itself alone is coming up 4 ohm and rated at 60 rms but sound good at 30 rms. wierd the 4.7uf 35v made them so quite. ill have to try a 6.8uf 100v i tell ya i like the way they sounded at 4.7uf though they had a very crisp sharp sound, sounded more like a hard dome without the harshness so maybe 6.8uf will still be close to that.

Honestly that's a very high crossover point. With that power level I'd drop it to a 3k cross over this can be done by taking two 6.8uf and paralleling them in line with,the tweeter.

whats the crossover on a 3.3uf - 100v ?tweeter, 4ohm , 75rms

i tryed doing a search but dam cant figure it out.
3.3uf @4ohm is just about 12000hz a very high crossover. This is a first order crossover so it's a -6db slope not a very steep one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ccapital83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ccapital83
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date