6.5" in a 5.25" hole?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you're trying to mount it in the door or stock location you might need to cut the metal opening. or you can make a custom door pod.

If there is a decent amount of space between the factory grill and the sheet metal of the door you can build a MDF baffle (3/4" should give you enough clearance on the sheet metal) to let the frame of the 6.5 clear the 5.25 opening. You can either screw the baffle to the door or bond it with really good waterproof adhesive. I've used GOOP in the past for this. Nice thing about GOOP is it can be pulled off if you want to do something different later but it won't come off on its own.

I wouldn't mind replcing the grill or not using one.

I'm making plans for the XXX 6.5" component set, that's why. So something like you suggested would be best.

That would be very helpful, if i owned a WRX

BUT

You did help me, will try to find adapters made for "One Size Fit All" type or made specificly for my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.