6.5 Components

So after looking on many sites I havent really seen anything in my price range other then these Zeus ZXi6.5C...

Remember im not looking for the best speakers ever made for 60 bucks I just want something to add a little mids and highs

over all what are your thoughts

Yeah, because power handling is the most important thing to consider when choosing components...
Ok??? so when I asked and got nothing but a link with a item number I had to look at something...

no one said the PG is better for one reason or another, this is why I asked b/c I dont know what to look for in a set of comps.

Ok??? so when I asked and got nothing but a link with a item number I had to look at something...
no one said the PG is better for one reason or another, this is why I asked b/c I dont know what to look for in a set of comps.
I don't know if the search function is working on the forum yet, but you can try it. Search for Phoenix Gold RSD65cs. They were a forum boner not long ago, so there should be lots of info. Most people say they're great for the price. Some complained about the tweets being a little harsh, but that's about it...

I don't know if the search function is working on the forum yet, but you can try it. Search for Phoenix Gold RSD65cs. They were a forum boner not long ago, so there should be lots of info. Most people say they're great for the price. Some complained about the tweets being a little harsh, but that's about it...
Most of the harshness actually comes from the woofer, IME.

I do recall some conflicting posts on this matter. Some peeps described the tweeter as "airy". I'm not a big fan of either driver in this set. I accidentally blew one of my LPG26NAFM tweets and tried going back to the RSD tweets... woo doggy, they sounded like poo after getting used to the LPG tweets.

If it were my money, I'd try the HAT Imagine set. There's only a small amount of info/hands-on testing available at the moment, but they already seem like one of the best buys in the $200 range.

I do recall some conflicting posts on this matter. Some peeps described the tweeter as "airy". I'm not a big fan of either driver in this set. I accidentally blew one of my LPG26NAFM tweets and tried going back to the RSD tweets... woo doggy, they sounded like poo after getting used to the LPG tweets.
If it were my money, I'd try the HAT Imagine set. There's only a small amount of info/hands-on testing available at the moment, but they already seem like one of the best buys in the $200 range.
If the OP would more than triple his budget, which buying the HAT components would require, he'd be opening up a ton of great options... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If the OP would more than triple his budget, which buying the HAT components would require, he'd be opening up a ton of great options... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah I can't go and drop 2 bills on comps. I might be able to spend a bit more but if I say $75 then best speakers for me will be $90 if I say $90 I'll need to get the set for $125 lol you see where I'm going with this... I thank you all for the info and more is welcome I'm going to spend some time researching diff sets I just need a jumping off point and some feedback on ones I find.

Thanks again guys I'm sure I'll be posting an item number so you can let me know if they are good or junk

Powerbass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I looked into powerbass stuff... Didn't really do it for me

what are you thoughts on the lanzar opti line, Found a set of those and a set of the soundstream PCC.6n localy with a low enough price??

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.