****! :(

WinC101
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bonaire
I think i got a serious problem with my car. i was driving yesterday and suddenly the car turns off, all the lights on the dash bar goes off, the car starts to slow down and then suddenly it turns back automatically on and keep driving like nothing happened. it happened a couple of times yesterday and once this morning. does anyone know anything about this problem? all the connection at the battery terminals are very tight, nothing loose. Toyota Yaris 2007 ..

Ok, you didn't really answer the question. I'm talking at the moment your car shuts off, are you playing your system at pretty high volumes?

My old car did that with a bad MAF. Every now and then it would stall going down the road. I would just pop it in neutral and turn it over and it would start back up.

i would check all connections around the battery, possible ignition switch going bad, bad bcm. low voltage wont shut a car like you say. everything disaperring is a whole other issue.

thank you. i will be cleaning the sensors tonight and check all the grounds again!

There is a problem with the MAF's on the yaris. All it needs is to be cleaned. This may or may not be the problem

Shouldve bought american. By the time you pay for all the repairs on that plastic junk, you couldve been driving a reliable american v8 getting 20mpg instead of 30-35, and not looking like a *****.
Every american car i've owned has crapped out on me

But all my mom's nissans never had problems

hmmm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

WinC101

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
WinC101
Bonaire
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date