$5000.....gone!

He obviously doesn't understand how any of this works, it's as if you had best buy install ram in your computer & all of a sudden it started shorting out, you would just try to shut it off, do you even know how to get into the computer to stop the problem.

Best Buy major messed up here & should def. pay for it, simple as that.

He obviously doesn't understand how any of this works, it's as if you had best buy install ram in your computer & all of a sudden it started shorting out, you would just try to shut it off, do you even know how to get into the computer to stop the problem.
Best Buy major messed up here & should def. pay for it, simple as that.
thats the point... it should of been shut off and not touched...

i think his point is he wouldnt know how to shut it off... hes not very car audio literate so leave him alone. he trusted someone that knew what they were doing to install it for him cause he doesnt know how and doesnt want to burn down his car but he burned down his car anyway lol. it ***** id say sue their ass and make them pay for all the damages and then some.

turning your cal off is not hard to do at all.... in fact its something you have to know how to do to get your license... Common sense tells you that if your car is smoking and sparking to pull over shut the car down and figure it out or call someone... not to keep driving him till it burns down... thats his own neglagence the initial damage that would be caused will probably be taken care of but in court he will have a hell of a time collecting a full recovery if they figure out and get him to say he drove the car while it was smoking and sparking... No one here wants to see someone ripped off by a bigbox retail store... but the fact is that he shouldnt of drivin the car home knowing it had problems...

BUT on the way home....the two thick wires in the back and the ignition wire were all touching...
They just left bare leads?? No crimps, tape or even wire nuts? Possibly they had gotten pissed off that they had to do everything twice and tried to take advantage of the situation.. Whatever the case may be, I'd drag them into a court room by the hair on their nuts..

-Bill-

There arent bad shops, there are bad installers, keep that in mind. As far as sueing, its in YOUR best case to not let this go to court. Best Buy has a legal department with full time lawyers on staff who's only job is to make sure their ass is covered. Im not saying dont contact a lawyer, but your better off handling this at the store level or district than at the corprate level (which is where it goes if you get a lawyer involved or even say the word sue). You can easily get this taken care of with a simple mechanics work order that says the problem was caused by the install. Take that into the store manager, he should elevate it to his district manager for approval and they will cut you a check. Its actually pretty easy.

There arent bad shops, there are bad installers, keep that in mind. As far as sueing, its in YOUR best case to not let this go to court. Best Buy has a legal department with full time lawyers on staff who's only job is to make sure their ass is covered. Im not saying dont contact a lawyer, but your better off handling this at the store level or district than at the corprate level (which is where it goes if you get a lawyer involved or even say the word sue). You can easily get this taken care of with a simple mechanics work order that says the problem was caused by the install. Take that into the store manager, he should elevate it to his district manager for approval and they will cut you a check. Its actually pretty easy.
best buy has insurence. plain an simple. best buy does not pay out of pocket for their mistakes. they pay over 3 million $ a year for their insurance.i think this year they paid 4.5 mil. They will MOST LIKELY just file a claim and give you your money. GO STRAIGHT TO THE GM(general manager) complain YOUR ASS OFF.

put it this way. best buy doesnt mind writing in claims to their insurance company Y? B/c no matter what they will pay more an more every year for their insurance no matter if they have 1 claim or 10000 claims.

think about it like this. for every claim BB puts to its insurance company they dont care about b/c their insurance people rape them every year.

so just complain to the GM non stop call him every day 2 times a day until its fixed.

DO NOT bring this to court they will win this way. the have some of the best lawyers and there is no way to say your **** was not fried b4 it entered their

shop.

Goodluck

hahah.... so i let bestbuy install my system...i guess the guy wired it to 1 ohm load instead of 4 ohm load.... fried the whole system.
he comes out and tells me that my amp was already fried and that my subs that were BRAND NEW were also fried.
Blowing the amp and subs is quite an accomplishment! Wonder wtf he was doing to destroy all of them. lol

What I don't understand is, if the car was sparking and smoking the whole drive home, why the heck didn't you pull over and disconnect the main power wire? or at least the fuse...they did fuse it right? If things spark and smoke on my car, its immediate pullover and disconnect time before something goes up in smoke...at least until I can check it out later...
I was driving in my GF's car a few months back at about 65 down a rual highway when a screw from inside of the amp came loose and flopped around and landed on the amplifier's inputs and straight to one of the power rails. Before i could even stop the car, the new RD Audio 15 SPL Elite and two Powerbass 1500's went up in a blaze of glory. Sometimes, **** just happens so fast that you cant react in time.

best buy has insurence. plain an simple. best buy does not pay out of pocket for their mistakes. ]they pay over 3 million $ a year for their insurance.i think this year they paid 4.5 [/color]mil. They will MOST LIKELY just file a claim and give you your money. GO STRAIGHT TO THE GM(general manager) complain YOUR ASS OFF.
put it this way. best buy doesnt mind writing in claims to their insurance company Y? B/c no matter what they will pay more an more every year for their insurance no matter if they have 1 claim or 10000 claims.

think about it like this. for every claim BB puts to its insurance company they dont care about b/c their insurance people rape them every year.

so just complain to the GM non stop call him every day 2 times a day until its fixed.

DO NOT bring this to court they will win this way. the have some of the best lawyers and there is no way to say your **** was not fried b4 it entered their

shop.

Goodluck
It's gotta be more than that. the firm i work at pays more than 2 mil and it is only 300 people here. And also as an installer, the car is supposed to be checked out prior to installing anything. Ususally they check everything that is on that paper and note anything that is not right. If the front light is blown it should be noted prior to the install. I got burned this weekend by those no installing tards. I paid 40 dollars for them to just run my power wire and make it look a little cleaner than i had it with connectors etc. It took them 3 hours to do what should have taken maybe an hour and it still wasnt right. I was going to go to see if my money can be refunded as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.