• Participant list

Mr.SoloDolo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ALPINE CDE-102 (2 preouts.. (1)FRONT (1)SUBWOOFER

I'm running a 4 channel amp

ch. 1 & 2 = Tweeters

ch. 3 & 4 = 6x9s

What should i do about RCA's... sounds to me like i'm going to need to run a single 4 channel RCA & have the 6x9's running on the subwoofer preout. which ***** but that's all i have to work with

ANY OTHER OPTIONS?

You can't just use two "Y" adapters and send the "front" signal to both the tweeters and the 6X9's? (With passive crossovers and some gain adjustments, of course.)

The tweeters themselves have crossovers attatched so i suppose this will work

will i need 4 channel rca's with the splitters or just two?

Front signal preout -> Y splitter -> 4 channel RCA connected to AMP channel 1&2 channels 3&4

like that ?

ALPINE CDE-102 (2 preouts.. (1)FRONT (1)SUBWOOFER
I'm running a 4 channel amp

ch. 1 & 2 = Tweeters

ch. 3 & 4 = 6x9s

What should i do about RCA's... sounds to me like i'm going to need to run a single 4 channel RCA & have the 6x9's running on the subwoofer preout. which ***** but that's all i have to work with

ANY OTHER OPTIONS?
That should answer you question....

The tweeters themselves have crossovers attatched so i suppose this will work
will i need 4 channel rca's with the splitters or just two?

Front signal preout -> Y splitter -> 4 channel RCA connected to AMP channel 1&2 channels 3&4

like that ?
I just checked the manual and it seems you can run full range out of both the front and rear of the deck. So the 6X9's can run full range off of the two rear ch's and the tweeters can run off of the front two channels.

Does your 4 ch amp have crossovers?

I just checked the manual and it seems you can run full range out of both the front and rear of the deck. So the 6X9's can run full range off of the two rear ch's and the tweeters can run off of the front two channels.
Does your 4 ch amp have crossovers?
The amp does have x-overs.

Also, see if you can set the subwoofer to "off" and still use the HPF for the fronts.
Then run 4 RCA's
I overlooked the full range option that's a relief! thanks

Looks like i'll just order the 4ch rca's

Max sub level is just "full" output from that channel. (The HU can only put out so much) When you set the HU to run full range, all outputs will track with the volume/fader settings. You should still be able to access just as much "line out" signal as you are getting with the sub turned up to max now.

What page exactly i'm looking at page 12 but don't see "full range" anywhere
Page 14 "Defeat ON/OFF"

I believe "OFF" makes it just full range. But maybe turning "defeat" "ON" means defeating the sub woofer designation...Hmmmm

Either way, one of those settings seems to change the output to a normal, full range "rear" output.

Crutchfield also lists the rear outputs as "switchable".

"The rear preamp outputs can be set in the menu to output a full range signal to the rear channels, or a filtered signal to a subwoofer. When set to subwoofer, the output typically has a selectable low-pass filter and is non-fading."

if your 4ch amp can combine front and rear inputs, you can run the whole 4ch amp off the hu's front preouts. This way you can keep the sub preoouts open later for a sub amp/setup down the line.

and if your on amp crossovers go high enough you can use them along with your tweeter passives for a nice clean cut. i'd start with the 6x9 amp channel crossovers at 80hz hpf and play with it fom there. Tweeters should start at around 5khz, but may be able to go lower depending on how they sound when you play with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.