4-channel Amplifier Installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I have a MTX RT4240 amplifier and I want to bridge it to the B2 Audio ES6.1 components I have for the front stage. Mainly, I am wondering:

1) How many RCA cables am I going to need? and,

2) How do I wire the tweeters with the crossover? and,

3) Am I going to need any y-splitters?

Thanks in advance!

1) Just a pair. The amp has 2/4 ch input select

2) Are you asking about the 0, -3, -6 connections? It's completely personal preference. My tweeter x/o has a +3/0/-3 and I use the -3 setting and still run my hu "hi" setting at its neutral setting. Unless you KNOW you don't like a lot of tweeter you should probably stick with the 0 or -3, -6 seems pretty severe. You can always fine tune with the HU.

3) no

1) Just a pair. The amp has 2/4 ch input select2) Are you asking about the 0, -3, -6 connections? It's completely personal preference. My tweeter x/o has a +3/0/-3 and I use the -3 setting and still run my hu "hi" setting at its neutral setting. Unless you KNOW you don't like a lot of tweeter you should probably stick with the 0 or -3, -6 seems pretty severe. You can always fine tune with the HU.

3) no
Thank you! And I am wondering, do I just hook up my amp to the crossover and then speaker wire from the crossover straight to the connections from the tweeter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.