4 ch amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

snaphook

MN
Hi all,

I just got my stuff back after someone jacked all my equipment. Except I upgraded to a 800watt 4channel amp, and I'm hooking it up to a Bazooka RSW DVC 12" sub. I got everything hookedup but the sub isn't hitting right. It seems to be off a lot, and if I turn up the gain it gets a little louder but it isn't very loud at all, not even close to how my 12" rockford sounded with a little 300 watt amp running it. I have a 8 guage ground, which is the min. for my amp, it that too small?

All the connections seem to be in order, not sure what else could be wrong... my uncle sold me the stuff and told me I could bridge channels 1&2 and 3&4 from my amp to the 2 voice coils on my sub, is there something I'm missing? Because something is really wrong here, and if I turn my bass boost on my sub snaps at me.

I guess what I'm asking is how would you guys wire a 4 ch amp to a single DVC sub? Because I'm doing it wrong, or I have bad equipment.

Thanks in adavance

What's the impedence of the subs coils ? And does the amp have seperate gains for the front and the rear channels ? Let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I believe the speaker is 4ohms, and yes the amp has 2 gain controls, one for ch 1 and 2 and one for ch 3 and 4, I thought I could bridge it into 2 channels and hook one up to each voice coil...

Yes you should be able to. That's why I was asking what impedence the coils were. Most 4 channel amplifiers when bridged can only handle a 4ohm load. I'm trying to pinpoint the problem. Sounds like the sub might be overpowered. Let me keep thinking //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The amp is a Power Acoustiks Fire&Ice 800watt x4 if that helps, they dont make them any more they revamped it and changed the name to "Sapphire" now. I appreicate your help. I will take any idea or thought on the subject.

Also its not like I have the gains cranked up to the max either. When I turn the key on the bass boost is off and the gains are turned all the way down. I put my hand on the sub and I can feel it moving a little but really can't hear anything. Then I slowly turn the gain up, it gets a little lounder but not much.

The speaker moves weird too, like it's breathing, you know ******* in and out real hard. This happens when moving the gain up.

I have the sub in a box, it is a MLB mobile audio or something like that, as far as brand.

It's not ported or anything if that's what you mean. The sub spec said it was good for 400watts RMS and 500 peak. So I may be pumping to much into it?? If that's the case is there an alt. wiring config so I can just bridge one channel to the sub. I thought for sure that amps never really put out what they say on the box so I thought the sub would work fine.

I didn't pick out the sub, my I just left it up to my uncle, he is a wholesaler of electronic equip. So I figured he knew what would be best for this set up. I'm starting to wish that I just kept the same stuff I had before. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

It truely sounds over powered. Try dropping ur gains abit and the bass boost, maybe a diff sub here as Bazooka isn't the best except for their tubes. Try a diff higher RMS sub or a diff amp and see if it works better??

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.