4 AW1200Q or 2 AW1500Q??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big-Cat
10+ year member

Jupiter, FL
i would think that the 4 12's would be heard further right? But a kid that seems to know his **** at my school says that i'd be wasting my money on the 12's, and should just get the 15's because it'll be heard from about the same distance. And if i got 12's i probably wouldn't have to get 6x9's or 6.5''s because the guy said the 15's would drown out the mids and highs, and the 12's were good for all around or something like that. But the 15's would be like 1400, and the 12's would be 1650...is it worth the extra 250??

Evidently your friend doesnt have a clue what he is talking about the 4 12s will have more wattage and more cone area there for creating more sound and bass and loudness but why do you want to be heard for blocks that upserd but your choice and i can see why you want to impress all you friends but you have to remember if you want more bass you will have to put more power so that equals alot more money in amps since each sub together is around the same power the 15 isnt much more than the 12.

Originally posted by jlman Evidently your friend doesnt have a clue what he is talking about the 4 12s will have more wattage and more cone area there for creating more sound and bass and loudness but why do you want to be heard for blocks that upserd but your choice and i can see why you want to impress all you friends but you have to remember if you want more bass you will have to put more power so that equals alot more money in amps since each sub together is around the same power the 15 isnt much more than the 12.
but see 1650 would be the hu, amps, subs, box, and installation and wires. the 1400 is the 2 15's, box, amp, hu, install, and wires or what not for it. I dunno though...should i spend the extra money...but i was kinda thinking, the 15's should give me what i want...so i dunno

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Big-Cat

10+ year member
Big-Cat
Jupiter, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from