4 8's for a Dodge Ram 1500

austinbelschner2013

CarAudio.com Newbie
Alright... so, I know a lot of people haven't done this(like I can't even find a prefab box for it), but I am looking to run 4 8 inch Massive Audio GTX's under the back seat of my Ram. I've got 1 10, and it has a busted coil, and never gave me the bump I was looking for. I heard 4 8's hits super hard. So, any recommendations? As in amplifier, maybe change sub brand, etc... even box designs would be great. I am looking at running a 2k on it. Will upgrade electrical after I get it installed if needed.

Check out the SSA F-150 build for some ideas. They did 3 8’s ported on their SSA Icon 2200. Looked really nice and I’m sure it is crazy for some 8’s

4 8's in a Dodge, Chevy or a F150 pickups sound good. I've heard a few different ones with 4 8's in the last few years and every one in a ported box sounds awesome. Buddy of mine has a 2018 Chevy Z71 he asked me about doing 4 8's in and he went with iirc American Bass at first then when he had the money he went to Sundown in a box setup for them and put the American Bass setup in his work F150 with a few mods to make it work. Both sounded really good when I was down in Illinois. Wish I had taken video of them.

Like Cliff said 4 8's from SSA will do nicely in that truck.

Alright... so, I know a lot of people haven't done this(like I can't even find a prefab box for it), but I am looking to run 4 8 inch Massive Audio GTX's under the back seat of my Ram. I've got 1 10, and it has a busted coil, and never gave me the bump I was looking for. I heard 4 8's hits super hard. So, any recommendations? As in amplifier, maybe change sub brand, etc... even box designs would be great. I am looking at running a 2k on it. Will upgrade electrical after I get it installed if needed.

I like the AB VFL8's. You could run four of them on a Taramps Smart3K.

First off what year ram? If anything before 5th gens you really don't have much room to work with. Your best bet is to get a fox box and get the 10" adapter rings and run something like a sa-10. It's a duel sub box that's ported, I have one in my 4th gen and love it. You gotta do something about that factory EQ though if staying stock radio.

First off what year ram? If anything before 5th gens you really don't have much room to work with. Your best bet is to get a fox box and get the 10" adapter rings and run something like a sa-10. It's a duel sub box that's ported, I have one in my 4th gen and love it. You gotta do something about that factory EQ though if staying stock radio.
I have a 2014. I am not running a foxbox. I am getting a custom box made. I don't like the tuning of foxbox. I think I am running with the Massive Kilo 10s on a 4k. May upgrade to the Kilo 12s. And yea. that EQ ***** so bad it isnt even funny.... and I will never run sundown again.... it isnt worth it compared to massive... I have a SA-10 rn, and at this point, I am willing to give it away...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.