4-12" or 1-15"

Participant count
  • Participant list
well it depends- u can take the 15" and make it louder than the 4 12", but it will be alot of planing. Also u can take the 4 12" and make it louder than the 15". It would be better to go with a 15' i think because u will save money. Myself i have a 15" and it hits harder than people with 2 or 3 12". Its also mostly ur box. Give the 15" plenty of power and a big ported box.

The 4-12's will have more cone area. Given the fact that there won't be a huge power differential, I don't see how the 15 would be louder. As long as you are talking about giving the subs 600W each. If you are only giving them 150 W apiece, then they would be pretty close and in that case I would go with the 15, because you will save some trunk space.

Well the question wasn't for me to buy i already have a 15" i wanna know if my set up when done will be louder then this guy at my work i am competeing with i made my box to exact required size with a port and i am giving it the power its rated for rms. he just threw 4 12" in a sealed box that fits in his trunk and giving it 600W between the 4 of them . he has JDL pops i don't know anything about them and i have a audiobahn 1500x . So which would you bet on too win?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jester73440

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jester73440
chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date