$3700 SPL Trunk Setup Reccomendation (without electrical)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jonnyswboy

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Thinking a normal enclosure facing cabin with two 12s. Should I consider 4th order? I'll have enough electrical to support like 8k RMS.

I am having trouble deciding between an aeroport facing the wheel well in the trunk or slot port facing in the cabin.

Looking for subs, amp, and box options. Biggest enclosure I can fit is about 5cf net (38W x 13.75H x 30D). Willing to give up the small back seat for amps/bat. 2010 Mazda 6.

I can help you build this full system, if you need advising. Please, whatever you do, figure out the orientation of the box and how you want to do it BEFORE you buy subs. I can totally help with that. If you want to be super loud in the trunk, I can definitely help you with that. I've done competition trunk boxes, first one I ever did broke the whole record for the year on it's first day, we wound up doing 147 and change with a pair of DC 10's in a 35 hz daily box. It's not hard for me, you just gotta plan it first then execute the plans properly. That box was in a RX-8. We did a 147+ in a RX-8 with two 10's. The 10's were extremely under-powered as well.

Please let me design the box for you, it'll be so much fun and I'll make sure it's all done right.
Thank you so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate someone genuinely working with me on this.

My MAX dimensions are 40W x 13.75H x 33D this is without including the speaker surround sticking out or terminal cup.

I will have a Singer 390A and CES 40AH of LTO (80 if needed). So I should be totally space limited not power or money limited.

Aiming for highest SPL between 28-40hz peaking at ~32hz. Really want to be able to hair trick.

My current plan:
2x Sundown Zv6 12" DVC 1 (Would love to go with Fi Neo series but I don't know if they would be louder)
Sundown SFB-13500D

37.75W x 13.75H x 31.39D (Would like to stick to similar dimensions to this)
Port: 6.5x12.5", 81.5in2, 33" long, 32hz
~5.25ft3 net after all displacements (Thinking maybe I should step down to 5ft3)
zv6 pic.png

Last edited:
Thank you so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate someone genuinely working with me on this.

My MAX dimensions are 40W x 13.75H x 33D this is without including the speaker surround sticking out or terminal cup.

I will have a Singer 390A and CES 40AH of LTO (80 if needed). So I should be totally space limited not power or money limited.

Aiming for highest SPL between 28-40hz peaking at ~32hz. Really want to be able to hair trick.

My current plan:
2x Sundown Zv6 12" DVC 1 (Would love to go with Fi Neo series but I don't know if they would be louder)
Sundown SFB-13500D

37.75W x 13.75H x 31.39D (Would like to stick to similar dimensions to this)
Port: 6.5x12.5", 81.5in2, 33" long, 32hz
~5.25ft3 net after all displacements (Thinking maybe I should step down to 5ft3)
View attachment 29172

Email at buck.box.designs@gmail.com. Do that, we can talk some. If you really want my help here, I'd like to do it between us. I've done this a lot, I love doing it, it's what I live and design for.

I charge for designs, but it's not very much at all, I know all sorts of tricks and stuff we can do to make this work the best. So just let me know, never trying to mislead. My prices are very low for the work I do, IMO it would be well worth it for you here. All I do is design; I take it extremely seriously.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...