33hz tuned vented box

Participant count
  • Participant list

toledokid
10+ year member

So, I finally finished my system, got 2 12" D6 2ohm DVC Diamond Audio in a vented box (tuned to 33hz), how do you guys get vented boxes to be able to hit lows, or is that something you lose going vented?

I had 2 separate boxes for them, and they'd pound at the lowest of lows, but now it seems that the lows are faint. Anything I can do to combat this difference.

and uh, some songs for example, Gorilla Zoe - Walk with a Waddle, Jeezy - Hypnotize (the lower end parts), are those songs 33hz and lower, or are my ears just ****ing with me?

my box is @ 33hz and it does the lows just fine. however other variables ocme into play. internal volume, port area, proper power, appropriately setting the subsonic filter. with all variables working in your favor those should sound decent on the low end

my box is @ 33hz and it does the lows just fine. however other variables ocme into play. internal volume, port area, proper power, appropriately setting the subsonic filter. with all variables working in your favor those should sound decent on the low end
Yeah, I'm looking at fixing up my sound a little bit to make it sound better.
I've got a 06 kicker zx1000.1 (running about 1100w), and I've heard it has a subsonic filter in it, but I believe it's for like 20hz?

The box was just premade at one of the bigger shops out here, I don't have the dimensions on it, or anything.

What are some things I can start doing to get my lows hittin' like they used to, since it's possible?

Pretty much, I just went from one box config. to another, I've got both subs voice coils running in Parallel, then run out bridged externally into the kicker amp.

thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.