32hz good tuning for cvx?

i wouldnt go any lower then 34hz, i have a T2 off of 1000 watts right now and when you listen to "play" by david banner, the lows are insane. I like the high's to be a little bit higher so i might tune my box higher.

32hz all day

For the most part, I always tune to 32 off the bat. The style of drivers I usually run are sex to the ears @ 32hz. Perfect blend of the lower end and the upper end with a good roll off to give it a smoother feel on the upper end.

Driver specific of coarse

And if you like the higher end more than tune higher. For the most part I have found ~34hz tuning is good for most rap music since a lot of it has more of an upper end, but I hate too much of the upper end so I always tune low.

yeah 32 hz is what the box tuning is for them (the one that cant fit in my trunk lol)

when you get back to nc give us pics of the build!

maybe im different i like the highs to be higher then when my box is tuned at 34hz, i mean it sounds crazy one some songs but then on others its not that loud at all. then again i only have 1 12 right now with 1000 watts

^ Thats because most rap music peaks higher, so.....when your tuned low and are playing those peaky songs they have much less output since they are so far away from your tuning.

I dont care for that end of the bass spectrum personally and I love a flat response down to the low end where the low end just comes alive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Me

^ Thats because most rap music peaks higher, so.....when your tuned low and are playing those peaky songs they have much less output since they are so far away from your tuning.
I dont care for that end of the bass spectrum personally and I love a flat response down to the low end where the low end just comes alive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Me
^^ x 2

Me

yea im getting uesd to it, i might tune it to 36hz would that that take alot off of the low end? i dont want to take too much off, just a little.

yea im getting uesd to it, i might tune it to 36hz would that that take alot off of the low end? i dont want to take too much off, just a little.
Well when I had my BTL tuned at 35hz and dropped it to 32hz I noticed quite a bit of the low end come back. I lost the output on the upper end but the low end that I picked up was mucho better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Generally speaking, if you want just a massive low end, I would tune right around ~30hz, if your into the upper end more, try 34~35hz, and if you want a good mix of the two with a focus on the low end I would stick to 32hz.

Most of the time 32hz tuning is perfect, but your vehicle, enclosure, and drive choice can affect optimal tuning drastically.

BTW I would personally would never to above 35hz for a daily musical setup. The only time I would ever think about tuning above that is for getting loud on the mic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ridinhi

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Ridinhi
Winston-Salem, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date