SOLD 300 amp mustang alternator

Redgp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys I have a 300 amp excesive amperage alternator for sale. It fits 96 and up mustangs I believe. I bought it thinking it would fit my 91 5.0 but it doesnt fit. I ended up buying another one so this one never got used by me. I bought it from a member on here called ParkerG. I took it to a alternator and starter shop and got it tested to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. I would like $250 shipped. If youre interested let me know or if you want pics I have them too. Thanks

I dont have pics of the test. They never gave me any. I dont know if it has an internal or external regulator. Maybe itll just be better if I just post pics on here and you guys can decide.

pretty sure you can convert your 2g alternator mustang to 3g. ive done it and have a mechman 200a alt in my 87 coupe.
The casing is a different type of casing and the bolts are not even close to being the same. I bought one from PA Performance a while back It was only 250 amps thats as big as they would make it. It works just fine with my total of 3 batteries.

any test results? idle at what rpm and what output?
I didnt really ask because I wasnt going to use since it didnt fit my car. You can contact excessive amperage and ask them. Im pretty sure Nate can answer your ?s

It's a Ford 3G Large Case Alt. Rated to do 300 amps it was the best alt Nate could build in that case.

I'm not to sure on the actual specs. It's been a while. And if he hasn't used it then it's still barely used.

It's a Ford 3G Large Case Alt. Rated to do 300 amps it was the best alt Nate could build in that case.
I'm not to sure on the actual specs. It's been a while. And if he hasn't used it then it's still barely used.
Thanks man. I never used it. It didnt fit.

You could of hit nate up at EA and he could have switched the front of the case to the one with the bolt holes on the opposite side like your alts got now.
I told the shop why i didnt use it and they said they could switch it but I already had the other one. If it doesnt sell ill just keep it and save it to put in my other alt. if it ever goes bad. Or I could throw it on ebay.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.