3 preouts...but why??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big-Cat
10+ year member

Jupiter, FL
ok, i'm gonna be getting a system with in the next 3 weeks. I've got my subs picked out, my amp picked out, and everything accept for my hu. I'm getting 15's, and i figure it'll drown out the mids-highs and i'm gonna get some 6x9's later, when i get the money. But, i've been told by local places around here that i need a hu with 3 preouts. Isn't the preout for the speakers?? So i figured that if i only get 6x9's for my back, the subs then i'd be set, as far as an amp goes.... So why do i need the 3 preouts?? i mean...i want a deck with a mp3 player because it'll save a ton of money on CD's for me, and i also want the 3 preouts because i was told i need them by a lot of people. But if i can save like 100 or so bucks on the 3rd preout and just get 2, for my 6x9's and my subs...then wouldn't that work? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

-Big-Cat

it would be advisable to get 3 volt pre-outs. reason(s) being: 1 of the preouts will most likely be a non-fading (for ur subs), the second will be a preout for ur fronts, and the last will be for ur backs. if u want to save money and get a head unit with 2 preouts, then u'll need some y-adapters and you'll have to fade everything to one channel.

u have two choices ...go w/ what u are wanting to do or do this gett a HU that has two out puts and then run the one for your subs and there is another one that has front run those but when u got and get your 6x9 you will wanna hear them cause i know there not there for the show.....okay buy like a highs amp and low wattage amp like in the 200's ask your local Dealer and they will tell u but u will use the highs amp and this will make a good Diff.....

Kenwood kid( soon to have a t.v and Ps2 and a surround with dvd for the JEep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Big-Cat

10+ year member
Big-Cat
Jupiter, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from