3 kenwoods or 2 xplods?

alright but if i get one type r.. thats 500 watts rms.. my amp runs 900.. am i just supposed tobe carefull and hope it doesnt blow up?
a type r will take 900 ez.. i had my pair of rs off a 2500d @ 2 ohms (1700rms, 850 each) & they took it like a champ

that kenwood wouldn't even put out those 900, you'd be seeing around 800 guessing you have stock electrical and that should be perfect for a type r

Yes. Don't ever get Sony Xplodes. Please, for the love of god, no.
That'd be worse than my friend's duals. And those are bad.
Sup Guyzzz long time...

lol while back i was in best buy and they were giving away Dual 10's with purchace of any amp, i was like WTF?

I would save up more money if you want to get into this hobby. Like everything the more you put into it the more you will get out of it.

Sup Guyzzz long time...
lol while back i was in best buy and they were giving away Dual 10's with purchace of any amp, i was like WTF?
Quite... Sorry about the bump, but I was talking to my friend - he was so proud of his subs. Talking about how they could take 500 watts apiece (Max, ofc). And how his amp put out so much power.

I kinda took his thunder away when I pointed out I found his model of subs online for $24.99 apiece. And the amp for another $40. But, plus side? Convinced him to get a decent set to replace what he has. ^^

alright but if i get one type r.. thats 500 watts rms.. my amp runs 900.. am i just supposed tobe carefull and hope it doesnt blow up?
I'm about 99% sure that amp is the same one my friend has. It didn't even put out 700RMS @ 2 ohms...let alone 900. What are the fuses on it? 2 30's? or 40's?

Both the kenwood subs and xplodes are complete shi t, to say the least. Don't get either unless you want to sound like crap and not get that loud at all. Type R's aren't a horrible option, they would definitely get loud, although they still wouldn't sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

romo330

10+ year member
romo330
Detroit, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from