3 JL 12w7's or 4 DD 3510's

Dub7sonoma
Premium Member

Premium Member
I currently have 3 JL 12w7s in a ported box in my extended cab sonoma. I just got a smallish camper shell type thing. It's only about 1/3 of the length of my truck bed. It has a bottom on it that will sit even with the top of my bed, unlike a normal camper shell that only has a top and sides. I am going to make the camper shell my new speaker box to free up some room on the inside of my truck. I have 4 DD 3510 just sittin around, so I figured I might do them for the next install instead of the JLs. Which setup do you guys think would have more SPL? The JL's or the DD's? The box will be built to spec for either setup and the amp pushing the subs is a Powerbass xtreme xta5000d.

JL Audio subwoofers were made for SQL but the W7s can get pretty loud.

4 DD3510s would be louder in my perspective.

Then again; it all comes down to the install and the box.

Depending on box and ohm load I think the 12s will be louder and sound cleaner theb the 10s..my buddy at last show hit a 150.1 db sealed in a trailblazer but he had 2 13s w7s

I currently have 3 JL 12w7s in a ported box in my extended cab sonoma. I just got a smallish camper shell type thing. It's only about 1/3 of the length of my truck bed. It has a bottom on it that will sit even with the top of my bed, unlike a normal camper shell that only has a top and sides. I am going to make the camper shell my new speaker box to free up some room on the inside of my truck. I have 4 DD 3510 just sittin around, so I figured I might do them for the next install instead of the JLs. Which setup do you guys think would have more SPL? The JL's or the DD's? The box will be built to spec for either setup and the amp pushing the subs is a Powerbass xtreme xta5000d.
You ca put more then twice the power to the DDs and they can get very loud where as the W7 will max out fast.

How do you guys think the 3 W7s will sound with the 4 DD 3510s? I have thought about doing the small campers shell thing for the W7s and then building a separate box for the DDs to go inside my truck.

How do you guys think the 3 W7s will sound with the 4 DD 3510s? I have thought about doing the small campers shell thing for the W7s and then building a separate box for the DDs to go inside my truck.
They have totally different characteristics. It will be loud but sound like ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dub7sonoma

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dub7sonoma
Greenwood, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date