3.0 Cubes @ 35Hz!!!

adam2309
10+ year member

London
Here is my first slot port build came out better than expected still needs to get the carpet done, and i had 2 double baffle the sub as it did feel a bit weak as it was originaly designed with the one baffle...

anyone got suggestions on what frequency i should adjust my LPF to??? as im not to sure what to tune it to with this box.

Adjusting your LPF really has more to do with the prowess of your midbass and where the sub blends in the best with them. It's more of an ear thing than an absolute based on your sub enclosure. I generally don't like to set my LPF any higher than 80hz provided the midbasses keep up that low. Ideally 60hz would be better but It would take some good midbasses with a good install to keep up that low, so between 80-100 should suffice. Just listen to it until it sounds like it blends into your mains.

thanx tru 44

installed it today for a sound test bass sounds a lot better than the prefab box i had pictired i get more of a deep rumble which i prefer, rather than a lot of loud punch which i had on the old box.

btw any1 knw if i should have the sub facing up or towards the back of the car in a vw golf/rabbit?

Looks good for your first thats for sure.. like they said test it out .. i think facing the back will work out the best in your situation..

Andrew

facing back seems 2 be the way.

also is it possible to round over the edges seeing a the screws are pretty close to the edge? there is about just under 1/2" between the edge and screw heads

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.