2k1 explorer 4dr 2k budget... need help

It sounds like you need to learn a bit about audio in general. Read some of the sections of http://www.bcae1.com , which should explain a lot to you. An amplifier strengthens (amplifies) the source's audio signal to send power to the speakers.

It sounds like you need to learn a bit about audio in general. Read some of the sections of http://www.bcae1.com , which should explain a lot to you. An amplifier strengthens (amplifies) the source's audio signal to send power to the speakers.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

read up a bit it will help alot more than you think, then what you dont understnad come back and ask:)

yea i wouldnt but amp kits off ebay unless its from knuconceptz, knuconceptz TO ME is the only people i know im getting the actual size wire i order not flea market ****, unless its name brand like stinger, but i think knu is cheaper... 2 12 inch r's and tcab box, could be had for under $600 i would think amp kit and amp $300, HU $200 and the rest for install and speakers should be a nice system, but with that money and ur inexperience i would forsure get a box built, TCAB knows the business id check them out...

I basically know nothing about car stereos other than what I've picked up at Best Buy, Circuit City, and some friends of mine so I don't know what the SQL, or whatever that stuff is, is.
What I do know is I listen to a lot of rap and techno but also I listen to a ton of other stuff ranging from Eddie Money to Ashlee Simpson lol. I know I want 2 subs and I will need everything to be installed so could anyone point me in the right direction with links or something?
Depending on how much power you're going to be using, you might need to check into a high-output alternator and a larger battery. Stay away from capacitors. Iraggi Alts (in Tennessee), Mean-Green and Ohio Generator make some good alternators and I'm sure they'll have something for an Explorer. With Ohio Generator, you'll have to go through a car audio shop, at least that's what I was told when I called, so it may cost more then the others. For a battery, I went with an Optima, but there are other options like Odyssey.

You might want to check into some sound deadning too. I'm thinking about buying some from http://raamaudio.com/. It seems like a good product and a good price.

This is what I am looking at right now... anyone have an opinion?

Speakers: $218.00 (that's total price for 2 sets)

Infinity Kappa 682.7cf 6" x 8"

Speaker Amp: $199.00

Kicker 04KX350.4 4-channel Amp

Subs: $518.00 (total price for 2 subs)

Kicker 06S12L7-2 12" Solo-Baric L7's

Sub Amp: $359.00

Kicker 06ZX1000.1 Mono 1000W Amp

Deck: $349.99

Alpine CDA-9857

This is what I am looking at right now... anyone have an opinion?
Speakers: $218.00 (that's total price for 2 sets)

Infinity Kappa 682.7cf 6" x 8"

Speaker Amp: $199.00

Kicker 04KX350.4 4-channel Amp

Subs: $518.00 (total price for 2 subs)

Kicker 06S12L7-2 12" Solo-Baric L7's

Sub Amp: $359.00

Kicker 06ZX1000.1 Mono 1000W Amp

Deck: $349.99

Alpine CDA-9857
that sounds like a nice ass system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

always check on ebay for the STORES....not smart to buy from regualar ppl, and go to http://www.caraudio.com (homepage) and check out all those websites good luck w/ you system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

pretty sure the kicker subs you can find for way cheaper

i have a 97 explorer 4 door, same as your basically. i reccomend you not waste money on putting speakers in the rear doors, becuase the stock location of the rear speakers in our body style explorer's absolutly *****. have you ever sat in the back with the radio up loud? it like drowns out all the sound from the front speakers and it sounds really weird...if u have a nice set of 6.5" components up front, back seat passengers will hear them just fine. thats just my opinion...and if anything, just get some decent not so expensive coaxiles to put in the rear and dont even put an amp on it, just hook them to the headunit...but i say just dont put anything, from the front seats you cant tell a difference. also i suggest that you get the tweeters mounted in the 2 little oval shaped defrosters on top of the dash(unless you use your defrosters alot)

heres a pic of how im doing mine:

TweeterLeft.jpg

also for your headunit, i suggest the eclipse cd8445. it can be had new on ebay for 300-340 shipped. i paid 335 shipped and i love it.

i havent heard many components, but i ordered 2 sets of diamond audio d661s's for my truck...they are about 200 a set new. (both sets are going up front, one in doors, one in the kick panels)

anyone have an objection to it? I will take anything into consideration. maybe someone knows of a website where I can get something cheaper than what I show now?
the best advise i can give you is get the proper enclosure for your subs

in your explorer id say 2.5 - 3 cubic feet vented for EACH sub, to get every bit out of those L7s

yea do 3 cubic feet per sub and tune it to like 36hz...instead of the 1000w kicker amp, why not try and find a used orion 2500d on ebay? of if not, get an orion 1200d, i think its cheaper than that kicker amp...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CaptainCool08

10+ year member
CaptainCool08
Barrington Illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from